The third largest country in South America is the Republic of Peru. It is where you will see the world’s largest rainforest, Amazon. The second highest mountain range is also found in Peru called the Andes. Upon setting your feet, you will see a variety of landscapes, mountains, beaches and deserts. You will also meet the lovely and welcoming Peruvians. It is a multi-cultural country that follows Roman Catholicism as influenced by the Spaniards. Join lively festivities while discovering the country’s mixture of culture and practices. Enjoy surprising activities and take the opportunity to taste different kind of exotic dishes that will surely satisfy your hunger and curiosity. Understand how they get to love their national drink while enjoying it with friends. As you go around the country, see for yourself the mysterious and intriguing beauty of the country. There’s so much to see and there’s so much to do.
1. Enjoy La Candelaria FestivalThe biggest and most anticipated event in Peru is the La Candelaria Festival. It is held every January to February in the shores of Lake Titicaca found in the city of Puno, South Peru. Virgin Candlemas, Puno’s Quecha and Aymara legacies are honored in this special event. The festival aims to bring together the different ethnic groups to celebrate the richness of their culture and share their unique and much-valued traditions. Hundreds of dancers and musicians are on the streets wearing colorful artistic native outfit on the big event. Local and foreign visitors are very much welcome to attend mass, watch dance competitions, meet the beautiful and lovely Peruvians, and more surprising activities. Bring your cameras and take photos of this colorful celebration and let the whole world know how amazing Peru.
2. A Guaranteed Food Adventure in PeruThe famous Cuy Al Horno of Peru. A cuisine that speaks how daring traditional Peruvian cuisine can be. The guinea pig is stuffed with herbs, potatoes, corns and beans baked or roasted. It is usually served whole with a special dip. Skin is crispy and delicious. Its meat is tender and the taste is between chicken, rabbit or pork. The Cuy Al Horno is just one of the many reasons why Peru is worth visiting. An adventure that guarantees you unique food discoveries.
3. The Greatest Drink of PeruWhen in Peru, it is a must for every visitor to try their national drink, Pisco. It is a distilled fermented grape juice that turns into a colorless or yellowish brandy. Pisco will surprise you with its smoothness. It is a drink that its taste is likened to an apple that is not so sweet. It is awesome for sipping, made exactly for having long conversations with your friends or new acquiantances. These favorite drink have been a part of the Peruvians since the 16th century. For the love of Pisco, the Peruvians celebrates the Pisco Sour Day on the first Saturday of February. Pisco Sour is one of the many cocktails made from the Pisco as the base liquor. Lime juice, syrup, ice, egg white and Angostura is added. A great drink that balances sweetness and citrus.
4. Bucket List ChallengeComplete your bucket list by visiting one of the wonders of the world in Peru. The Lost City of Incas has been designated as UNESCO’s World Heritage Site in 1983. You will be in awe how the Incas managed to build this beautiful place. It is built in Inca style with surrounding dry stone walls, polished leaving a trail of spectacular views. The surroundings are full of vegetations and it is place for fresh air. Upon visiting, you may want to try to ask for the assistance of a local guide to guide you as you hike, learn more about the interesting history of this sacred place and ask for recommendations to take photos with the most amazing background. Visiting Machu Pichu is likened to magic and heaven.
5. Intriguing Nazca LinesDon’t hold too long if you are intrigue with the Nazca Lines of Peru. Book and organized a flight as soon as you can so you will be able to see and learn more about its history and the meaning of every figure. The best view of these geoglyphs would be from way above in a plane. It is a true adventure done in air. It will be a fascinating experience for all, wherein you will be challenge to think about how it all started and how it was made. You will hear a lot of spooky ideas, too. But one thing is for sure, you will have the time of your life here at Peru. Make sure that you take some anti-drowsy medicine before hopping on the plane.
6. A celebration of the Sun’s BeautyFestival in Peru on every 22nd of June. The Rayumi festival is the most colorful celebration of the Peruvians. It started during the Inca period and is still celebrated annually today. If you will be attending this traditional event, you will witness processions and rituals in the center of Cusco. The ritual killing of a single llama is to give honor to the sun hoping that the days will be longer. There are lot of dances and performance and you will be surely enjoying every minute.