The capital city of Sarawak, where you can meet most of the indigenous groups in Malaysia, is Kuching. Feel the comforting ambiance of Kuching by wandering across the streets full of elegant buildings, legacies of the past from the colonial period up to this contemporary era. The unique culture of Malaysians can also be found here. You might be in awe as you would be welcome by the traditional living houses in Kuching. The word 'Kuching' is said that it came from a Malay word 'Kucing' meaning cat; that is why you would observe a lot of cat statues in the city. The astonishing tourist spot will melt your heart. The location of the place in as snake-like river gives the area more appealing characteristics that attract lots of people in the whole world. When the sun touches the city, the whole site looks like a glittering paradise. Such a fantastic place to stay for awhile and discover lively culture.
1. The Oneness of the PeopleMalays and Chinese weren't the only tribes found in Kuching as they have more indigenous groups such as Iban and Dayak. The place is known to be multi-ethnic, but they live like one because aside from their differences and diverse culture, they live in one accord. They are proud of their uniqueness, and they are celebrating their oneness by street parades, festivals, and many more. You might witness one of these celebrations when you go to Kuching. They were also known to be welcoming when it comes to visitors, so you will have no worries when visiting the place because you would feel the light ambiance as they will accept you wholeheartedly.
2. Capturing Tourists' Attention The jungle forest of Kuching has something to offer to whoever visits the place. You would be able to see the wildlife and feel how they give you some delight. A lot of outdoor activities will captivate you and will encourage you to try one of them. You can go to trekking, cycling, boat trips, kayaking, and many more. The city is known as a natural habitat making the people live simple lives. Girls can go out without makeup on but can still look beautiful. The houses would also draw attention because many there are many semi-detached houses and bungalows.
3. Foods that Keeps You Going Visiting and wandering on the place wouldn't be complete if you haven't tried yet the special diets Kuching. One of their proud dishes is Kolo Mee, a signature food of Sarawak, and is really famous to the locals. The dry noodle is served with slices of char siew, minced meat and spring onions that can fill your stomach to stimulate you and continue with your journey. The next food that will fuel you is Sarawak Kueh Chap, a dish that is being served with a bowl of mixed ingredients such as pork and different parts of the pork. The soup tasted lighter and savory. Another food that you must try is Kueh Lapis or known as Layer Cakes, you would have mouthwatering by just merely seeing the color of the cakes. These foods are some of the many cuisines of Kuching.
Kuching Tourist Spots
1. The Wonderful Kuching Cat MuseumKuching being famous as having cats is something to be curious about. You might want to visit the museum having cats all around. You would hear the 'meow,' the sound of the cat at the back of your mind, by merely seeing the cat statues. If you are a cat lover, the museum is more likely to be a paradise for you, and you have all the day to explore the different statues. Aside from well-structured of the museum, you would find exhibits, photos, feline art, and cat souvenirs.
2. The Picturesque Kuching WaterfrontA picturesque landscape of the Kuching Waterfront will make anyone stop on their track and will make them bring their camera to take a photo of it. You might also want to capture the scene when you go to Kuching. You can have a peaceful walk together with your loved ones here as the waterfront is a perfect view for both of you. You might forget your stresses in life as you take a stroll in the area. Waters reflecting the colors of the above will set your mood. If you think you've seen enough in the daylight, you might want to stay until the darkness invades to see the vibrant colors brought by the nightlife. A lovely scene throughout the day will you won't ever forget only in Kuching.
3. The Bako National Park If you wanted to see the flawless Sarawak flora and fauna in a national park, you must visit the Bako National Park. The park is the oldest gazetted national park in Sarawak, and it is a privilege to visit a place where it can make you feel like you are living in a world where the old people and ancestors have lived. There is a fishing village of Bako to board a boat to reach the Park headquarters too. You would witness the diverse life that complimented the national park. There are wild animals, sandstone structures, pristine sandy beaches, and many more. You won't have to worry about the whole day where you can spend your precious time in Bako.