About Udon Thani
The northeastern region of Thailand will surprise you with the beautiful city of Udon Thani. The city is the fourth largest city in the country and founded by Prince Prajak Silapakom. Its history dates back to the city as an airbase of the United States Air Force, which made the locals speak English well. To easily go around and explore Udon Thani, get to know the Nong Prajak Park, which can lead you to many wonderful places like the museums, eco-park, forest preservation, shopping centers, farms and many more. There’s always something to do. Even the night calls you to go out and experience its full wonder. You may not be able to resist the lively music and parting across the town with the friendly locals. Feel the good vibes in everything you do in Udon Thani and you’ll surely be coming back for more.
1. Tasty Beef DishesTaste the magic of beef dishes in Thailand. One of the must-try is the Thailand authentic dish called Tom Haeng Luak Jim. Its main ingredients are boiled beef combined with different kinds of organs of pigs. The boiled water comprises of Thailand herbs like lemongrass and galangal that gives off an amazing aroma. This flavorsome dish can be paired with Thailand's Jasmine Rice. There are a lot of beef dishes in Udon Thani and it is highly recommended that you visit restaurants that specialize in beef country so you can have an amazing beef experience. Surely, you'll find it only in Udon Thani.
2. Lively Ubon Ratchathani Candle FestivalEnjoy the Candle Festival in Udon Thani. It usually starts during the lenten period. For the locals, this is a time for rejoicing, gathering, and preparation for the coming monsoon season in the hope to avoid power outages and other unfortunate events. Candles played an important role for the locals because it has helped them a lot to overcome trials. Artistic wax sculptures from around the world are invited to attend this festival to feature their artistic skills. The parade consists of the beautiful sculpted candles. This lively festival to should never be missed in Udon Thani. It's one of the highly anticipated events. You will certainly have loads of fun while discovering Thailand’s arts and culture.
3. Lively NightlifeThere are bars and pubs for locals and foreign visitors. You get a chance to have a fabulous party while listening to live Thai Bands playing rock and pop music. Sway to the non-stop beating of the drums and techno music. DJs will enhance your favorite music, playing it until all you really want is to feel good and get lost with the lovely tunes. It’s a total eargasm for everyone who’s into the best music and rhythm. You can drink extraordinary beers and cocktails for a pleasant evening, too. Every street offers fabulous nightclubs and cafes to offer. You only need to choose where exactly you want to go. Simply explore the nightlife of Udon Thani and enjoy each moment.
Udon Thani Tourist Spots
1. Relaxing Phu Foi Lom Eco ParkThe clear blue sky set on the foothills of low mountains on the southwest of Udon Thani invites you to a relaxing and enjoyable place called the Phu Foi Lom Eco Park. There’s a lot of reason to visit the eco-park. It’s perfectly clean. The attractive beautiful gardens are well-maintained with a picturesque mountain for a perfect background. There are flowers in every corner and you can get to visit the waterfalls, too. This is also a perfect place to camp, have a bonfire and do things a little extraordinary just enjoying nature. The small dinosaur park will let uncover your kid-heart. You can also have a picnic lunch with your family and friends. Overall, there’s a lot of things to see and discover.
2. Refreshing Nang Prajak Public ParkGet to see cute large ducks on the lake of Nong Prajak Public Park. Found in the center of Udon Thani, it is visited for its peaceful ambiance and serves as a breather from the hustles and bustles of Udon Thani. The lake is surprisingly calm and there are lots of ducks floats around. Park-goers enjoys morning run and evening walk. They can also rent a bicycle as they go around the cycling track. Spacious and clean picnics areas are for everyone to enjoy while eating and relaxing. Children will also have fun playing in the children’s area. Enjoy the surroundings and feel the cool breeze in the park.
3. Beautiful Red Lotus LakeThe stunning Red Lotus Lake is known for its pink colored water lilies floating around the lake. It is one of the most highly recommended places to visit in Udon Thani. Its unique and picturesque background is a wonder to many. Visit the lake early before the sun rises and capture amazing photos with a beautiful view of the lake. There are lots of boats around the lake for everyone to hire at a budget-friendly price. Thousands of magnificent pink flowers float around the lake. Make sure you get to visit here before the noontime as it can get too hot and to also catch the pink flowers in full bloom.