The city of Nonthaburi formerly called Talat Khwan was established by the Act Establishing Changwat Samut Prakan, Changwat Nonthaburi, Changwat Samut Sakhon, and Changwat Nakhon Nayon. The city is well-known for the best quality of durian in the country and due to its rarity, it became the most sought fruit in the whole world. The city is divided into six districts namely; Mueang Nonthaburi, Bang Kruai, Bang Bua Thong, Sai Noi, Pak Kret. You’ll find amazing fruits of the country and a chance to create your own pottery as a reminder of your fantastic stay. Nonthaburi also offers tourist attractions that will let them experience new challenges and reminiscent of their childhood heroes. The beauty of Udon Thani can never be denied when you visit the temples, forest reserves, and eco-park. A chance to get to know more of the city’s valuable traditions, culture, and lifestyle. Going here means fun and non-stop excitement.
1. Rare and Expensive DurianOne of the reasons why Nonthaburi is the best amongst the tourist destination in Thailand is because of the rarity of their homegrown durian. It is widely known as the most expensive durian in the whole world. It’s expensive for the reason that the orchard is situated near the Chao Phraya River, where freshwater flows. It is well-maintained by making sure that no pesticides or chemicals are sprayed. You can purchase the rare durian or reserve months ahead before the harvest reason. Don’t worry if you were not able to reserve as sometimes it is being auctioned specifically during the Fruit Fair of Nonthaburi or the Durian Fair.
2. Lively Nonthaburi Fruit Fair FestivalAn annual event that takes place during the month of April to June. There is an abundance of fruits that are sold to the market at a very affordable price. These fruits are locally produced in the city such as; durian, santol, Burmese grape. Mango, mangosteen, starfruit and a lot more. Local and foreign visitors make sure that they always avail of the durian of Nonthaburi, known as the most expensive durian in the whole world because of its great quality. The event is celebrated at the old city hall of Muang District. Lots of people from different parts of the country and from other parts of the world came to see and experience first hand this one of a kind fruit fair. It’s a chance to buy reasonably priced fruits.
3. Beautiful PotteriesIn the little village of Koh Khet, you will see beautiful and polished potteries of Udon Thani. There’s a lot of pottery shops and each masterpiece is designed uniquely according to the purpose such as cups, pots, bowls, and many more at a very reasonable price. You get a chance to also create a pot for yourself. It’s fun and it’s one way to express your creativity. It helps to relieve your anxieties, strengthens your focus, and to just enjoy the creative side of yourself. The pottery created will be picked up at a later day since the process usually takes up more than days.
Nonthaburi Tourist Spots
1. Heart Rushing Experience at Impact Speed ParkThere’s something about kart racing that makes you excited and your endorphins kicking feeling so good along the course. At the Impact Speed Park of Nonthaburi, everyone is welcome to have the best experience while racing with family and friends. They offer the best electric eco-friendly karts. The kart race circuit is a state of the art giving you more reasons to go back. What’s even more amazing and challenging is that this course changes monthly. The facilities are clean, well-maintained and the staff is friendly and helpful. No wonder Impact Speed Park is famous as the Best Go-kart course in Bangkok that you couldn’t afford to miss in Udon.
2. Mesmerizing Wat Chaloem Phra KiatOne of the perfect destinations that you will need to visit is the breathtaking Chaloem Phra Kiat in Thailand. Road tripping to the quiet traditional Thai village leading to the temple. It will let you see beautiful landscapes and understand Thai practices and see traditional houses. Coffee shops, waterfalls, clean hot spring, rivers, and flowers are part of your wonderful journey as you travel leading to the marvelous temple. A tremendously incredible view will welcome you as you see panoramic views of the villages of Thailand. It’s mesmerizing to be able to see the temple, Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat, which was built a hundred years ago. The white pagodas are worth checking, too.
3. Fun at Tooney Toy MuseumBring out the kid in you in the Tooney Toy in Thailand. It is a modern art museum that makes your imagination endless. A wide range of toy collectibles from all around the world is displayed. The kids will be dazzled and excited to see the large collection of their favorite cartoon characters figurines. The adults will surely remember childhood memories and will be delighted to see the collections of once their favorite cartoon characters and their favorite comic characters. It ranges from anime toys to Disney characters. Kids will also enjoy the playground surrounding the museum. A cafe beside the museum is for everyone to have snacks and beverages. Entertainment at its best and one of a kind only at Nonthaburi.