The Federal Republic of Somalia is a sovereign country situated in the Horn of Africa. Bordered by Ethiopia to the west, the Gulf of Aden to the north, the Guardafui Channel and Somali Sea to the east, and Kenya to the southwest. The capital and largest city is Mogadishu. The official languages are Somali and Arabic, but with the influence of the colonies of the past, English and Italian became the second language. The people dwelling in the country are called Somalis, and they are the Islamic nation as the main religion of the Somalis is Islam. The beautiful and used to be full of tourism Somalia might not be as flourishing as before because of the tragedy, the hopeful country would once again welcome tourists when the perfect time comes. Here are some of the highlights that made Somalia beautiful and will make the country even more as days passed by.
1. Weddings in SomaliaCelebrating and witnessing wedding ceremonies are one of the heartening moments to see. But like other countries, Somalia has its own way of celebrating the weddings of the locals. The family of the bride will usually slaughter animals and serve the meat to the wedding guests. Sharing with the people, especially with the poor, makes their celebration more meaningful, not only to the newlyweds but to the souls who received shares. The visibility of the essentiality of food in their great preparations plays a big part in their community. It is not about the connection between the bride and groom but also with the locals. An event such as weddings shouldn't be missed out. Aside from the entertainment and celebration, you will find a connection with other people.
2. The Traditional Way of EatingThe use of utensils in eating is essential and prevalent. However, using bare hands in eating is more fun and also took part in appreciating and applying traditions. Somalis traditionally use their hands when they eat. Instead of just eating from the bowl, they will either use three fingers to scoop out the food, or they will utilize a rolled-up banana leaf to scoop it out. This is some kind of tradition that makes them proud of what they have. There are so many things about the customs of the locals that when you see how unique they are, you cannot help but feel admiration and great respect for the people even more.
3. The Cascading WaterfallDespite the current status of Somalia, the cascading waterfalls still have the undeniable tranquility. The falls serve as the hidden paradise of the country. Being away from the bustling city made the waterfall boom with a relaxing ambiance with refreshing air. The calm waters are one of the poofs that nature is flourishing in the country. Not only waterfalls can be found but also the enchanting forests. With the presence of these beautiful natures, Somalia is a country full of hope. Like the living yet calm waters from the waterfalls, the country will be able to maintain tranquility again, where it will bloom and invite people all around the world to see how beautiful the country is.
4. Lots of Exotic AnimalsCamels might be a famous and essential animal in Somalia because it serves as a way of transportation, food, and earning money. But aside from the camels' existence, there are lots of exotic animals that can be found in the country. They have baboons, giraffes, cheetah, lions, and elephants that can be found in the forest areas. Exploring in the enchanting forest means having to see and encounter these beautiful lives. The existence of beautiful people, together with these exotic animals, will make Somali have their peace and tourism back again. There will be a time where locals will be able to interact with tourists all around the world.
5. The Remembrance of the Past Seeing ancient ruins would tell many hidden mysteries and histories of the country. Somalia has ancient tombs and ruins that are proof that there was an early civilization on the Somali peninsula, and that they have been already trading with the Greeks and Ancient Egyptians. The ultimately distinct music of the country is also one of the feelings of pride of the country, most songs are pentatonic, making it quite impressive and pleasing to the ears. The noticeable diverse architecture also reflects the influences of the past. You'll find incredible Islamic designs, and some influence from Egyptian styles when it comes to the stone construction and stone walls.
6. The Mouthwatering CuisineNow, the best memory that you will ever encounter is the different cuisines of every region in Somali. Somali meals, usually always cooked by the women. The nutritious cuisine is often from goat, beef, lamb, and sometimes chicken is fried in ghee, grilled, or broiled. It is spiced with turmeric, coriander, cumin, and curry and eaten with basmati rice for lunch, dinner, and sometimes breakfast. Somalis cuisine differs by region, and food is served in halal. There is no pork, alcohol, or blood as they are the Islamic nation. Spies are being used to let the rice have a delighting aroma. Keep in mind that your for to enjoy Somalis, eat some of their dishes.