Taguig City, a first-rate metropolitanate city in Metro Manila, Philippines is located at the northwestern shore of Laguna de Bay. It is Metro Manila’s 2nd most prominent business district. The history of the entire area of Taguig City is incomparable when it comes to landscape, a very wide flat area exclusive for agricultural purposes and now it envisions itself as the number one tourist and lifestyle district in Metro Manila. The warm weather is mostly sunny and rains occasionally for the rest of the year. It is home to the historic 400-year-old Santa Ana Church found in Poblacion, Taguig. A modern view of urbanism, safe neighborhood, severe traffic, orderly and cleanliness is what makes Taguig really special. The City is commonly referred to as “Singapore inside Metro Manila”. The city is abundant with entertaining bars, fabulous nightclubs, and vibrant shopping centers. Taguig City thinks big and dreams big to be the most loving, caring, peaceful and progressive city and to inspire nearby cities in the Philippines.
1. Bountiful Harvest CelebrationHistory says that the source of living of the Taguigueños is fishing. Every July, they celebrate their festival centered on the River of Taguig in honor of the town’s patron Saint Anne. The much-awaited Santa Anna Banak Festival is celebrated as giving of thanks and to recall to the old days of traditional fishing. The Filipino fishermen throw a portion of their catch to the eagerly waiting people along the bank and with other harvested fruits like santol, ponkan and even chocolates to share and show a sense of community. The celebration concludes a fluvial parade called “Pagodahan”, decorated and modernized parading of boats and floats. The city continuously values and kept this tradition amidst the growing economy of the city.
2. A mixture of Gastronomic Adventure from Around the WorldThe sumptuous dessert Inutak is a luscious lip-smacking delicacy that originated in the City of Taguig. It is a favorite delicacy for special occasions or a must bring pasalubong (souvenir) by the Taguigenos to their loved ones. It is sticky rice layered with a thick consistency rich and creamy texture of coconut milk and coconut sugar baked into a charcoal fire and perfectly paired with hot coffee for the rainy weather or vanilla-flavored ice cream for the warm days. The city is one of the gastronomic paradises of the country, overflowing choices of fancy restaurants whether from Filipino dish to international dish or both. Visitors can never get enough of what the city has to offer.
3. Perfect Shopping Centers Around the CityTaguig City has shopping malls that offer a massive selection of mix necessities from elegant to common selections. The different architectural styles, convenient locations, and the unique ambiance of each mall make it more appealing and suited to the different personalities of every shopgoer. From relatively expensive shops to very affordable shops and everything in between, all these are found in the modern City of Taguig. It redefines the mall experience of the latest trends in fashion, diverse cuisines, good living, and perfect entertainment for all visitors. Through its fabulous offers, the city is becoming really big in terms of economy and tourist destinations.
Taguig Tourist Spots
1. Make memories at Venice Grand Canal The Venice Grand Canal or famously known as Venice Piazza is located at McKinley Hill Garden Villas, Upper McKinley Road. It is a little piece of Italy’s enrapturing gondoliers and Italian inspired structures for visitors' background photos. A favorite amongst the millennials, tourists and locals for fabulous Instagram-able shots around the city. It is a great and relaxing place evidently by the great ambiance while roaming around. Activities like watching a good movie at Cineplex, having a romantic dinner with the different fine dining restaurants around the area, feeding the pigeons, and sight-seeing is a perfect place to enjoy time with loved ones.
2. Enthralling Mind MuseumThe first-world class science museum in the Philippines is found in JY Campos Park, Bonifacio Global City. The Mind Museum is a venue for the curious minds, science enthusiasts, kids, adults and for the entire family. Science learning is fun and exuberant in the Mind Museum. Exhibits of the fascinating wonders of the universe and cosmos or the Universe Gallery; elemental forces in the Atom Gallery; astonishing organisms other than human in Life Gallery; Tyrannosaurus or T-rex exhibit in Earth Gallery; and the largest gallery for industrial advancement is the Technology Gallery. To feed the curious minds, other activities that are also featured are; Science Circus Travel, Frozen Science on Saturdays, Awesome Astronomy and Mind Mover. The museum also offers a superb birthday treat for everyone celebrating their born day. The celebrant gets to explore the museum for free on the day of his birthday.
3. Pop of colors in the Bonifacio Global City Wall MuralsThe masterpieces are found in the Bonifacio Global District (BCG). It is described as aesthetically pleasing modern contemporary art scattered bringing artistic inspiration to the local and foreign tourists. The massive wall murals are added to bring character to the usual mall and public spaces. Biking and walking through the neighborhood gives every visitor an ample time to admire the colors and the artistic skills of foreign and local artists. Some of the artworks that depict the Filipino lifestyle is spotted namely; Pilandok (Philippine Mouse-Deer), Mother Nature: Four Seasons, Pop-Arts, Owl in the Clouds, Calamansi (lime) and Spaghetti, Magsasaka (Farmers), and many more as the artworks are always updated. The colors of the art pieces are becoming a big part of the urban culture of the Filipinos and its colorful history.