One of the Baltic States that is found in the eastern shores of the Baltic Sea and northwestern part of the East European Craton, Latvia proudly maintained its national identity from the beginning of its independence. Its wonderful coastlines shine brightly and are unstoppable to provide a perfect place to destress and enjoy life to the fullest while being surrounded by the majestic creations. The rich cultural background of the country is evidently seen through their food choices, lifestyle, and its beautiful surroundings such as pristine and alluring beaches, clear waterfalls, and amazing architectures with beautiful music on the background. There’s a lot to see and discover in Latvia. All you need is to book a flight and experience the joy of celebrating the nation’s happiness in everything. Discover the world of Latvians and their secrets and get to know these amazingly friendly people. A surreal experience will leave everyone astounded by its beauty.
1. Wonderful Beach SurprisesIf you want t to be with people who enjoy the heat of the sun and experience beautiful waves, then it is now time to experience the fabulous beach life in Latvia. There’s a lot to discover in the serene coastline of the country that cannot be compared to other parts of the world. Its sandy beaches are best for relaxation, water sports activities, reading a book and just viewing the magnificent sea. Children and adults will have an incredible time swimming and strolling around the beach barefoot and feeling the amazing sand. A haven for all the beach lovers out there. There are so many surprises to uncover while enjoying the sun and water. Fill your vacation with lots of water activities!
2. The Meaning of the Oldest FlagDuring the 13 century, the Latvia flag was first used. The national flag of Latvia consists of three horizontal stripes, whereby the white is in between the crimson red or popularly known as Latvian Red. Red in the Latvian flag means the readiness of the locals to defend freedom for their love of the country. The white means the white cloth or white sheet that was used to wrap the wounds of Latvian leaders.
3. Refreshing WaterfallsLatvia has many unique places to visit, The amazing natural “shower massage” will soothe your tired body. Beautiful cascading waterfalls entice everyone to swim, relax and enjoy the cool refreshing waters. Latvian waterfalls are incomparable with the rest of the world’s other waterfalls as it stunningly enhances the unique charms of Latvia. Visitors may visit any time of the year in any weather, but the recommended time of the year is best during the summer days of Latvia. A relief to the modern city life to just play with water, listening to the pleasant sounds of water rushing down combined with the sweet chirping of the birds. Take away your gadgets and head to relax to one of the most beautiful offers of Latvia.
4. Sweet Pickles that TicklesThe Latvians love pickles and preserve vegetables and fruits while their garden is in full bloom. The right amount of vinegar and salt is one of the secrets for the creation of the best pickles in the country. Latvian pickles always leave a good impression of the travelers to the Latvians lifestyle making them a great inspiration to always think ahead and save for tomorrow. They need to make sure there’s always something to eat during the non-blooming days of their garden. They preserved their garden blooms such as tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, zucchinis, cucumbers, and pomegranate marinades. Each with different flavors according to preference. Fermenting food also shows the special relationship of the Latvians to nature. Such a fabulous treat without worrying about tomorrow!
5. Latvian SunIn Latvian mythology, the sun is believed to be all-knowing that’s why one of the best souvenirs to buy in Latvia is the sun. It is usually found in the national costume of Latvia. Sometimes, hung on the walls and even found on musical instruments. For handicraft items, the sun is also included as a design. It’s a wonderful piece of art that truly showcase the beliefs of Latvia. The sun gifts can be given as souvenirs to everyone back home as a reminder of your great memories in the wonderful country of Latvia.
6. Make Memories with the Lively Festival of LatviaExperience the marvelous capital city, Riga of Latvia during the Riga City Festival. This is the biggest and most anticipated event in the country. Most of the things featured are free for everyone that’s why the increased number of tourists from its nearby countries and from all over the world can never be avoided. The festival is worth sharing with the whole world as it perfectly gives the opportunity to experience the rich culture of Latvia. New music to hear and sing. New learnings via attending free workshops and shopping with all the best of Latvia’s art and offers. During the nighttime, an incredible fireworks display leaves the visitors in awe. A fun time to get to know the Latvian’s, make friends and build incredible reasons to come back to the lively country of Latvia.