A landlocked country found between China and Russia with 250 sunny days per year. The Land of Blue Skies has so much to offer to the whole world that is why it is one of the must-visit places. The Mongols are extremely welcoming, friendly, helpful and are truly special. Most of them lived a nomadic life and preserve their best-kept traditions. Unravel the secrets of this beautiful country while viewing the spectacular views and living life with nature. There are so many things to do and celebrate in this little country. You’ll going to love its laid back lifestyle and healthy food choices. This is a chance for you to celebrate life in its simplest form while enjoying the rich traditional culture of the Mongolians. This country will awaken your senses from the complex way of living to the simplest way of living. Discover its wonder with your family and friends.
1. Nomadic Living in MongoliaMost Mongolian livelihood is raring of farm animals. They moved from one place to another for a certain time of the year to protect themselves and their animals. Many nomadic families preserve this way of living despite the modernity of the world. Their lives are centered toward their herd and their ger. The Ger is a large portable round tent covered with skins or felt and used by the nomads for shelter and protection. Horses have always been a part of their daily lives. Their diet consists of mare's fermented milk and meat. Mongolian nomads are very skillful horse-riders. They used it for most of their transportation. They led a simple life and they are the most resilient and resourceful people in the whole world.
2. A Wonderful Horse Back Riding ExperienceAn outstanding horse adventure awaits every curious explorer in Mongolia. The horses are well-taken care of and healthy. They have spunk, quick, sure footed and navigates through all kinds of terrain. They are trained so well that they can cross marshal and streams with ease. They are absolutely gentle and easy to handle so beginners should not hesitate to ride. The helpful guides are there to provide support. They share interesting and wonderful facts about the beautiful sceneries of the country. They are very knowledgeable and there's a lot of really interesting stories to listen to while running on the open green land. This might be one of the best rides you will have, so take the chance and explore this wonderfully wild experience. You can go with your family and friends by group so you can capture the amazing sights Mongolia has to offer.
3. A Unique and Awesome Camping Stargazing, bonfires, tasty vegetables and a great clean atmosphere are just some of your expectation when joining an eco-camp activity in Mongolia. More than that, staying in a cozy and comfortable ger will make you experience wildlife at its finest. There’s a lot of quietness that you can be rest assured of rest and relaxation during your stay. You will probably enjoy extending your vacation here because of the wonders of nature and the vast quietness of all surroundings. If you are a nature lover, the surroundings will give you peace far beyond what you expect because of its spectacular views. There's a lot of activities to do such as; swimming, fishing, hiking, horse-back riding, kayaking, biking bird-watching, and wildlife viewing. Camping in Mongolia will give you a different perspective in life. There’s a lot to learn and discover. It is one of the coolest things to do in the country. Don’t miss the chance to experience it for yourself.
4. Enjoy the Khovsgal Lake Ice FestivalThe Khovsgal Lake Ice Festival is celebrated every March in the Blue Pearl of Mongolia or Lake Khuvsgol. The festival aims to preserve the natural landscapes of and to expand tourism. Watch the opening ceremonies and understand more of the traditional Mongolian Folk Music. See how passionate the Mongolians are when it comes to their culture. Join competitions such as ice skating race, ice-wrestling, dog sledding, and a lot more. It is a wonderful opportunity for visitors to take a lot of photos of the wonderful sceneries of the Lake. An awesome experience awaits everyone. There’s a lot of fun, competitions, new challenges and a great chance to mingle and get acquainted with the friendly Mongolians.
5. Mongolian BarbequeTry the world's famous Mongolian Barbeque. The Khorkhog is prepared by cutting the lamb or goat meat into the desired sizes. Vegetables such as carrots, onions, and potatoes are then added for a healthier vibe. The cooking of this dish is what makes it special and unique. It is traditionally cooked by placing stones over the fire and the stones and the meat are placed in one pot. This will ensure the heat of the stones will cook the meat inside. It is such a delight for everyone to see and taste this amazing food. It has been copied from different parts of the world, but no other barbeque can taste as good as it is in Mongolia.
6. The Traditonal National Costume DeelDeel is the traditional clothing of Mongolia. It is worn over centuries ago up until today. It is likened to a large overcoat and worn with a large sash. Men and women can wear deels, but differs through the way they dress. Deels also differ among cultures and the ethnic tribes of Mongolia. You can see the different types of deels by looking at the opening edges. The Mongolians wear it on special occasions and can also be worn daily. Deels for daily wear are usually made from cotton and inexpensive materials while the deels for special occasion are made from silk. Some of the deels are called; Khalka Mongol, Chakhar, Torguud, Uzemchin.