Desiring for exciting outdoor activities and deciding where to spend will not be difficult as Miri is here to provide you the perfect destination. Miri, a city in the state of Sarawak in Malaysia on the northwest coast of the island of Borneo. This city will provide you a mindblowing experience. The popular about Miri are the caves, and you cannot say you stepped on Miri already if you haven't visited any of their caves yet. A trip to Miri would bring you the memories of the past by the historical and archeological facts found at their caves. Here are the reasons why you should visit Miri: Exciting Music Fest, Delicious Delicacies, the People, and the proud parks; some of the famous that should be included in the list are Lambir Hills, Niah, and Miri City Fan Parks. With that, you are now entering the portals of the Paradise of Miri.
1. The Sound of Music FestThe music lovers have the freedom of expression through their instruments and voice. You would love the music fest being celebrated on the seaside of the city. Musicians would play songs that are really loved by everyone. Your heart will melt as you hear the country music being played while you are strolling. This music fest applies to anyone, may it the younger or older ones. Some stalls will catch your attention too. You can buy souvenirs as a remembrance of your journey, you can indulge in their different delicious delicacies, and you can also find entertainment to the games offered. The sound of the music will really help you to reflect on life while enjoying your vacation. You might not want to miss a single thing in Miri Country Music Fest.
2. Taste of the DelicaciesSome of the delicacies that will satisfy you will be the Sarawak laksa, a vermicelli rice noodles that is being cooked in a shrimp-based broth made from sambal belacan, sour tamarind, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, and thickened with coconut milk. With the presence of shrimp on it, you would surely enjoy the taste of kinds of seafood. Kolo mee is another one that you must try, it is a simple noodle dish consists of yellow egg noodles tossed in a light sauce before it is served with slices of barbeque pork and chicken cutlets. You can try Kolo mee in plain flavor or seasoned with red sauce. Kueh chap is a flat rice noodle cooked in a herby broth consisting of pork meat, skin, internal organs, and hard-boiled eggs.
3. Solidarity of the PeopleHaving a diverse ethnic and culture makes them intensify their unity. The majority population is the Chinese and followed by the Malay, Iban, Melanau, Bidayuh, Orang Lilu, and others. Their culture has always been had a big part in the Sarawak as a whole. The old practices of the different ethnic, especially the Orang Lilu tribe have been kept despite embracing the western culture making the city a modern one. Orang Lilu has a traditional instrument named Sape that is being preserved because it is an instrument that cannot be seen in other parts of the world, only in Miri.
Miri Tourist Spots
1. Hidden Precious at Lambir Hills National ParkLet your heart be captivated by the elegance of the natural landscape in Lambir Hills National Park. A park where you can find the most significant known level of plant biodiversity on the planet and rich in different species, including birds, squirrels, wild pigs, gibbons, and others. You wouldn't notice how the time passes by during the day because you would be distracted by the enticing beauty of the surrounding of the park. A lot of trails will be encountered here and be aware that the pathways are all interconnected, making it easier for you to visit some of the famous trails in just a day. You can go in the Latak Waterfall trail as it is the shortest and most popular trail, or the Summit trail, a challenging trail for the travelers. The sounds of the wildlife animals and dancing trees would be a piece of beautiful music to the ears.
2. Ancient Treasure at Niah National ParkIf you wanted to visit a place where you can have the knowledge of the past by merely looking and strolling around, then Niah National Park is absolutely perfect for you. It is an area that was a major center of the human settlement as early as 40,000 years ago. You would find the amazing caves, Paleolithic, and Neolithic burial sites. The archeological digs can be seen here too. Your walk with the nature in incomparable as you would feel the fresh ambiance of the place. It's educational and at the same time a great place to relax and enjoy ancient treasures.
3. Delight at Miri City Fan Recreation Park A silent walk or jogging in the clean and fresh surroundings of Miri City Fan Recreation Park would let you get swayed by the magnificence it has. It is a well-maintained park that has no entrance fee, so it would be very affordable for you when you set your foot here. Get the utmost benefits from nature by observing the serenity and peacefulness of the place. The right recreation park for the soul because you can easily reflect and meditate here.