A landlocked country in southeastern Africa, is defined by its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi. The lake’s southern end falls within Lake Malawi National Park – sheltering diverse wildlife from colorful fish to baboons – and its clear waters are popular for diving and boating. Peninsular Cape Maclear is known for its beach resorts.
1. Lake MalawiLake Malawi is most populer lake in the Southern Hemisphere, fact is Lake Malawi is the third large lake in Africa, because you will forget if you are on sub tropical country. Lake Malawi's waters are also home to hundreds of species of fish and giving life for people in Malawi.
2. BridingMostly tourist come to Malawi, they want see bird, because Malawi have a lot spieces bird. They call is birdwatcher paradise. They have around 650 spieces birds. Too many? Yes too many because you can not see many bird like that in another country. Special birds include Lilian’s Lovebird, Brown-breasted Barbet, White-backed Night Heron, Rufous-bellied Heron, Long-toed Lapwing, Bat Hawk, Dickinson’s Kestrel, Pel’s Fishing Owl, Palmnut Vulture, Osprey, Livingstone’s Flycatcher, Fiery-necked and Gabon Nightjars, and calling African Barred Owlets. You should be patient to see the bird and prepare great camera to take a pics
3. Yatching on Lake Malawi Like I said before, about Lake Malawi, you can yatching around Lake Malawi to see how beautiful and large the lake. And you can see many fish in Lake Malawi. If you have time you can sall the way to Llwonde island to spend a couple day at Kaya Mawa before you come back. Before you want yatch please find good tour guide because they can show you a lot great view on Lake Malawi
4. Hiking Not only birding, yatching, you can hiking also. Hiking is opportunities to see many animal, This is like small tour safari you can see zebra, antelope, orchids and butterfiles. The location is Nyika Plateau. If you want more relax to hiking you can go to Zomba Plateau because the height of 1,800 meters, you can trough lush forested area.
5. Biking in MalawiAfter you birding, yatching, hiking. Perhaps you want try biking in Malawi. You can biking around Nyika Plateau. Nyika Plateau is largest national park in Malawi. In national park, you can see 400 species birds and over 200 orchids. But you should be careful because many zebra and pig there, because they always around in national park. How to get the bike? You can ask with staff hotel how to rent bike. Biking with someone special is very romantic moment, because you can see good view and exotic animal.
6. Hotel and souvenir in MalawiGreat place for backpacker, good accomadition, and good service. The name hotel is Mayoka Village, because you can feel artmosphere village with this hotel. You can feel like camping and you can feel fresh air there include you can see good view lake there. They have good pizza and milkshake. Not only that, you can get free kayak, swimming in the lake and paddle boards. Most important is easy walk to town around 10-11 mins. You can free tour trip and sport activities like boat trip, volleyballs, and snorkling. Mostly tourist like the hotel because artmosphere hotel like their second home.Please book as soon as possible because the hotel always full book. Don't worry about the staff, they are so friendly and helpfull, about the bed is very comfortable.About souvenir you can buy in Abantu Emporium, you can find good souvenir there. Situated in Gateway Mall, Abantu Emporium is a collection of artisans, designers and artists based in Malawi to promote and sell their goods. The shop is one of the latest and biggest shops for fashion, furniture, art and crafts in Malawi.Not only Abantu Emporium you can buy souvenir in Central Africana, Ishq, Four Seasons Nursery Garden Shop, La Galleria Africa, The Artisan Shop, Traditional Clothes Market in City Mall, Afrocentric Lifestyle, African Habitat, and Craft Market. Most popular souvenir in Malawi is traditional clothes, handcarft and gem. You should buy it and you can give to your family or friends. Please enjoy your trip in Malawi have a nice biking there.