In the southernmost of Europe, lies the astounding country of Greece. A perfect destination that shares its borders with Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, and Turkey. Its breathtaking landscapes captured the hearts of many. Greece is divided into three geographical regions namely; the mainland, islands and the Peloponnese. The mainland is known for its rugged mountains, lush greens and stunning lakes perfect for trekking, hike, canoeing, rafting, spelunking, surf, sunbathe, horse riding, swim and just relax. Visitors will also admire and know more about the famous ancient history of Greece by visiting its engaging museums that will surely make everyone marvel its ancient architecture, famous artifacts sculptures only found in Greece, learn more about the beautiful marble temples and its importance to Greece’s ancient history. The country offers a lot more than you could muster. To fully enjoy this wonderful country, set schedules and plan ahead, a lot of surprises are found in this beautiful country.
1. Amazing Olive OilThe amazing olive oil is widely produced in Greece and has been part of its colorful cultural history. In Greece, Peloponnese and Crete are the main areas where it is mostly produced. It is one of the best amazing products in the whole world known for its great contribution to the beauty and health industry and to the culinary wonders. Its amazing benefits cannot be fathomed to other beauty products making it a high-end product to Greece and to the far ends of the world. Thus, Greeks are very proud of their olives and olive oils. They used it for salads, cooking vegetables, pasta dishes making it a Greek staple in every household. Its unique quality, clarity, taste, smell, color, and other special characteristics are because of the ideal nature condition that only Greece possessed. This amazing olive oil has many uses and thus the Greeks can maybe help you more tips on how to effectively used this on your dishes.
2. Best Greek YogurtNutritious Greek yogurt is one of the finest products Greece have ever shared with the whole world. If you are traveling to Greece, then please do not let the opportunity pass to try out the original Yogurt Greek in the country. You will know for sure that there are many different kinds of traditional yogurt and know the difference between all these types; from traditional to the exported yogurt. Greek yogurt has always been present in every dish of Greek culture. It is described as more sour in taste and intense than most any of the markets do. This thick creamy and tasty Greek yogurt is an easily digestible food product that has a lot of benefits especially to all people who are trying to change their lifestyle diet.
3. Wonderful Greeks IslandsJust by hearing the words “Greek Islands” gives you a restless feeling that these amazing islands should be included on one of your bucket lists. Get to know more of Greece while island hopping in the different islands where each has its own amazing character. Highly diversified beautiful landscapes, long stretches of beautiful sandy beaches, clear and blue waters and an ideal climate to spend time with family and friends. The best months to discover these islands are from the months of June to September, but if you want to know more about the different island’s cultural traditions and festivities, it’s highly suggested you visit during the Orthodox Easter. Entrust your curiosity to Greece beautiful islands and you will be astonished of its greatness and wonder.
4. Beautiful BeachesEvery traveler would surely love to have a swim in the amazing sandy beaches of Greece. A magnificent view of the crystal clear water and the lush mountains that enhances the purple color of the sky that reflects through the waters combined with different colors of the sand from white, pink to turquoise waters that radiates a truly magical place. The happy sun in Greece makes sure you got the best of both worlds by enjoying sunbathing, beach stroll, dipping and viewing the natural wonders that Greece offers. Amazing lagoons, a wide variety of marine life, and shorelines to discover and explore to complete your perfect holiday trip to Greece.
5. Home of the Greek GodsGreek mythology made us curious about how it all started and answered our curiosity through stories that most of the world was enlightened with. It gives the whole world an understanding of the religious and political institutions of ancient Greece’s civilization. Once you visit the highest mountain in Greece, known also as the home of all the mighty gods, you will have an interesting explanation and rich understanding of Greek mythology and its significance. Be sure to take great photos of you with its amazing sceneries. You will be in awe at the great teamwork of the Greeks building this beautiful ancient places. It’s a highly recommended place for the whole family for learning sp much about the history of Greece.
6. National Cheese of GreeceYou can never get enough of the Greek’s amazing cuisine and its national cheese, feta. It is famously called as the ‘white gold’ of Greece. Feta’s character is basically made from the milk of ewes and mixed with goat’s milk. Due to its pastoral landscape and heritage, it is the most exported cheese in the whole world. Feta cheese in Greece has been included in the list of the Protected Designation of Origin making it extremely unique and as one of the key ingredients of most Greek cuisines.