Known as the place of disaster and violence before, the land of Zimbabwe became known for having breathtaking natural destinations. The beautiful country is landlocked located in South Africa, it is sandwiched between the Zambezi and Limpopo river. The capital city is Harare, and it is also the largest city in the country. Zimbabwe means "great houses of stone" derived from the local Shona language because the historical homeland of once called the "Great Zimbabwe" has stone ruins of an African Iron Age. The picturesque and refined beauty of the landscapes highlights the blessed nature of Zimbabwe. Do you know that one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World can be found in Zimbabwe, near the Zambezi river? One of the Seven Wonders that can be found in no other than the Victoria Falls. Zimbabwe is genuinely flourishing because of nature, wildlife, people, and the country's living traditions.
1. Not Just One But ManyAlmost all of the countries in the world have only one official language. It is sporadic to encounter a state with more than one official language. Like in Zimbabwe, it doesn't just have one, two, or three official languages because there are precisely 16 official languages. It is definitely more than any other country that you can think of. There is no need to be worried when visiting the country because one of their official languages is English, the global language that will allow you to interact with the locals. The different official languages you might encounter include Venda, Tonga, Chewa, and a dominating language called Shona.
2. Know Some of the Earliest TraditionsVisiting Zimbabwe will allow you to glance at the heritage of the past as it is known for having a vibrant culture in Africa. Such as the use of Totems, one of the earliest traditions of Zimbabwe. These totems are known as the symbols that are being used by the Shona people, the largest tribe in Zimbabwe. Since the development of their culture, these totems are being used to identify various clans that made up the ancient civilizations. The symbols are usually associated with animal names like monkeys and lions, which give a social identity for a clan. Clans have their different totems to distinguish the people what clan they belong to. It is a fascinating tradition that exists in contemporary society.
3. Experience the Entertainment of the FestivalsThe lingering effect of the entertaining festivals of Zimbabwe will make you love the country even more. Every country presents unique and vibrant festivals, so is Zimbabwe. Your stay will be full of fun and knowledge about their culture as they showcase it through local and international events. Every year, one of the awaited festivals is the HIFA or Harare International Festival of Arts, which is being held every end of April. It is one of the most significant events in the country that everyone is looking forward to. It is where you will witness both local and international theater genres, arts, unique souvenirs, and music. Indulging yourself to the entertainment will be remarkable, and you can also buy the craft markets.
4. The Awe-Inspiring NatureExperiencing the tranquility brought by Zimbabwe is a moment to remember because your mind, body, and soul will relax. The comforts of Zimbabwe's nature would definitely mend your soul. People worldwide want to come close and see the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, and it is even a dream for nature enthusiasts. Seeing one of it would make you partially achieve your dream of exploring the 7 natural wonders of the world. It is no other than the Victoria Falls, the world's largest waterfall located on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Victoria Falls is locally known as "The Smoke That Thunders". There are more dramatic natural scenes in Zimbabwe than you thought.
5. The Wildlife Living in the CountryLike other countries in the African continent, Zimbabwe is making its own reputation when it comes to remarkable experiences in Safaris. It is a country where you will find the most diverse birds in the world and diverse wildlife. It is as if you wandered every country on the continent of Africa when you explore Zimbabwe. There is a National Park presence in the country that aims to protect wildlife in its natural habitat. The impressive sight of the different animals is jaw-dropping.
6. The Genuine Smiles of ZimbabweansBeing unsure of what people like when visiting a country sometimes makes it a bit uncomfortable for every tourist if it weren't for the breathtaking landscapes that assure them. But in Zimbabwe, the warm and welcoming smiles of the people are the real highlights of your adventure because you will feel the welcoming ambiance. You will be confident in wandering around. It is known that Zimbabweans are one of the friendliest in the world. Their kindness would lift your spirit up and will give you satisfaction and guarantee that you'll be fine in Zimbabwe. A beautiful country with lovely people would make your trip in Zimbabwe more unforgettable because the memory of the enchanting country and genuine smiles of Zimbabwean people will linger.