About Ho Chi Minh
The business and financial hub of Vietnam, Hoi Chi Minh City, boasts a prominent history going back hundreds of years. It was once known as Saigon City during the French colonialism and was only named as Hoi Chi Minh after the spiritual leader of Vietnamese communism. Due to the influence of French conquerors, you would see how the city boasts its remnants of the past. The classic French architecture would melt your heart as it screams magnificence, and sleek skyscrapers, as well as ornate temples and pagodas, would catch your interest. The city is also filled with rooftop bars that overlook Saigon and beyond, while fantastic restaurants offer a combination of French, Chinese, and, of course, local Vietnamese cuisine. There are lots of things that you can do in Hoi Chi Minh, including visiting their famous tourists' destinations. Ho Chi Minh is divided into several neighborhoods, commonly known as districts.
1. Taste the Wonderful Local Foods The local dishes of the place is said to be as nutritious that can be enjoyed by the visitors anywhere in the city. Some of the defining features in Vietnamese cuisine include rice, noodles, seafood, pork, and beef, which result in hearty flavors and mouthwatering experience. You would also find eateries that are friendly to your budget to taste these local Vietnamese foods to satisfy your appetite. One of the popular food that you must not forget to try is Banh Mi, a baguette sandwich with pickled vegetables, pate, butter, soy sauce, cilantro, chilies, and hot peppers. Surely, you would appreciate its hearty flavor.
2. Hope Seen on the SunriseThe beauty and freshness of the morning start when the sunrise peeks on the whole city. The jogger and walkers in the morning would find this sunrise as hope and that it would surely give them the energy to continue their new day. You would enjoy the hues of the dawn, and as the light touches everything in the city, you would surely fall in love in every city. You should jog early in the morning and visit their wet markets as fresh vegetables and fruits would welcome you. Wake up early in the morning and have a cup of coffee while waiting for the beautiful sunrise.
3. The Vibrant FestivalsOne of the most alive and memorable events when visiting a place is through participating in their traditional festivals and celebrations. Some of the festivals that you should look forward too are: First, the Whale Festival, it is being celebrated every 17th day of the 8th Lunar Month, wherein people worship and respect Whales as a god. They believe that whales are the ones that save the fishermen as well as the people living on the coast from dangers caused by strong winds and storms. Next is the Tet Trung Thu, a Mid-Autumn Festival during the 15th day of 8th Lunar Month; it is a worldwide known Lantern festival in the city wherein children make a lantern for themselves. The embedded message behind this festival is to bring an animal or person down from the moon.
Ho Chi Minh Tourist Spots
1. The Holy Saigon Notre Dame CathedralBy the influence of French colonists in the late 1880s, here's the beautiful creation that you must include in your list when visiting different spots in Vietnam. Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the remaining strongholds of Catholicism in Vietnam. You may check out the embedded pattern here and take photos as it would be great photography because of its overall picturesque structure, but be reminded that you should monitor your activity to avoid disturbing the people who are having meditation and prayers. It is 660 meters in height featuring an all-red brick façade, stained glass, two bell towers containing six bronze bells. The promising place would never fail you to take you in awe.
2. The Well-Preserved Collections at War Remnants MuseumThe unfortunate war that happened in the past created a War Remnants Museum, which would tell people a lot of things that occurred between America and Vietnam. If you wanted to know more about Vietnam, then it is highly suggested for you to visit the museum so that you will see how the remnants became a beautiful mess right now. There are immaculately preserved tanks, planes and other war machines on the outside grounds which you can take photos. On the other hand, you will see the details inside the museum, the photographs and documentation are present, and you may want to take a glance at some phase of their history that molded the city in the present.
3. The Vital Role of the Reunification PalaceOne must-visit place that you should look forward to is the Reunification Palace because aside from its beautiful structure that is really awe-inspiring, the site is where the North Vietnamese claimed victory in the American war. Stepping your foot in the place means claiming success in some aspects of life, like what the Vietnamese claimed during the war. Scenes that happened in the area will always be part of their colorful history. Let your camera capture your moments here in the Reunification Palace and fill the place with your memories that you will treasure in the beautiful city of Ho Chi Minh.