Famous for thrilling water activities are what Vanuatu is famous for. Vanuatu is a country in the South Pacific Ocean that consists of roughly 80 islands. The Republic of Vanuatu belongs to Melanesia, a region in Oceania. It might be the smallest country of the five independent countries in Melanesia, but it is fully packed with great experiences that would make you overwhelmed in happiness. Port Vila is the capital of the state, while the largest island is Santo. Vanuatu's name comes from the two Melanesian words Vanua meaning 'land' and tu meaning 'to stand or to remain' where it symbolizes independence or belonging to 'our land.' Independence Day of the Republic of Vanuatu is celebrated on 30 July. A glimpse of the past will be shown to you only by Vanuatu's wonders. Here are some of the highlights of Vanuatu's enchanted islands that would make your vacation all worth it.
1. Flowing with the Waves of WaterLife underwater has always been fascinating, especially when you had the chance to swim with the magnificent creatures living in the enchanting and calm waters. One of Vanuatu's best experiences is diving through the waters because it allows you to unfold the beauty of the spectacular coral reefs and remnants of shipwrecks from world war II. It will enable you to travel in two separate worlds, the world of underwater and the past because of the things that you can definitely find hidden in these waters. After taking a glance at the life underneath, a remarkable experience will always linger on your mind. Life would be so much better if you had a bond with marine life.
2. The Tribes Dwelling in VanuatuVanuatu is renowned for the living tribes generally named the big nambas and small nambas. They were distinguished by calling them 'Nambas.' a name given to the ornamental and spiritual 'sheath' traditionally worn over the penis of the male members of the tribe. Those in Big Nambas tribes wore big ones, while those in Small Nambas wear small one.areas.Their traditions and customs are very well alive. You will not just admire the people but also the way of their living, their colorful traditional dresses, and warm presence. Cannibal sites are present on the island of Vanuatu, where human skulls can be found. Malekula is known as the island of custom. It is here that you will hear the stories of cannibalism but also get a real feel for the culture of this country.
3. The Ways of Life of the PeopleThe ancient traditions and beliefs of the people that continue to guide them remain untouched. The people didn't succumb to modernity, which is why Vanuatu is such a great place to start discovering the gifts of the past because it is culturally-rich. The country lacks the modern world, such as famous restaurants and traffic lights, but despite not being on the trend, they live and have intimate relationships with their islands. Spending time with your friends and family might be best in Vanuatu if you want to experience real life on the island. Their ancient traditions dominate the 21st century, unlike any other country, which is why it is a great and exciting place to start to get to know the people and their beautiful abundant island.
4. The Unforgettable Experience with the Lovely PeopleExpect the best when it comes to the people because they are known to be the friendliest when you land on their island. You can make friends with the locals, and you can ask them politely if they want to have a picture with you. Taking a photo with someone you barely know but befriended you will be the best memory for the both of you. These people are the happiest, and you can't help but be inspired and influenced. Their smile will drive you out to the most precious thing about Vanuatu, that is their warmth. The locals' friendliness and nature's freshness will be the best highlights of the journey.
5. Indulge to Some of the Hottest SpotsThe country might not be too famous for tourists, but little did they know that beautiful Vanuatu has some of the hottest spots that are perfect for enjoyment and exciting activities. Aside from taking you to the fantastic offers of resorts, Vanuatu will take you into the real world where everything seems to be undisturbed, and the only thing that you can hear are the sounds and voices of nature. You'll be able to listen to your own heartbeat and breath when you take the chances to do an island-hopping and immerse yourself in the lush rainforests canopy, rivers, and to the ever famous hideaway island.
6. Interesting Thrilling Activities Reality will be once separated once you experience some of the thrilling outdoor activities in Vanuatu. Such as the ever-famous bungee jumping, an annual ritual in Melanesia where it originated. It is not just a mere bungee jumping because it is actually part of an ancient ritual wherein young men are jumping off wooden structures with only two vines, which reach almost to the ground, tied to their ankles. Have the biggest jump of your life in Vanuatu and enjoy!