About Pathum Thani
The famous town of Lotus called “Pathum Thani” is a big province that lets every visitors experience the beauty of diving in a rural atmosphere. The flourishing province is found in the North of Bangkok and continues to surprise the locals and visitors with its lively culture. There’s always new to discover; festivities that highlight the beauty of the town and the love of the locals for fun activities. Being part of Pathum Thani will answer your curiosity, provides a new perspective and an inspiration to value traditional culture, families and the wonders of the earth. Many travelers are amazed by the simplicity of the town yet its growth is undeniably fascinating and worth visiting. Just like a lotus flower that shows its astounding beauty at the right time. A rewarding experience will surely welcome you in this beautiful province so make sure you stay with lots of hopes and be ready for new experiences.
The Charm of Pathum Thani
1. The Beauty of Lotus TownPathum Thani is known as the Town of Lotus of Thailand. It all started when King Rama II made a visit to the town. The inhabitants were ecstatic that a royal visitor will visit their place so they offered a lot of Lotus Flowers to the king to wish him good health, honor, protection and best of luck. Beyond the inhabitant’s appreciation, lotus flowers have a deeper meaning, it symbolizes the remarkable beauty of Pathum Thani. Lotus Flowers grows in muddy water and when it blooms, everyone will be astounded of its elegant beauty. Just like the province who came out perfectly beautiful at the right time.
2. Loads of Unlimited Water Fun at Perng Songkran FestivalBeing with the family during celebrations is one of the best feelings in the whole world. It gives you happiness and a feeling of satisfaction. The Perng Songkran Festival in Pathum Thani is one of the happiest celebrations in town that’s why bringing your family to the festival will be full of unlimited fun. Locals celebrate by offering traditional food to the monks and creating sand pagodas, which are found everywhere. It presents the town’s creativity and teamwork. During lunchtime, the family’s gather to eat and catch up. It’s a time to show respect and love for the elderly, too. The highlight of this festival is the splashing of water and having loads of fun in the streets of Pathum Thani.
3. Organic Fruits and VegetablesThe many ricefields of the province produces the best agricultural products. If you’re craving for healthy nutritious natural food, then going to the central markets will surprise you with the different variety of fruits and vegetables. Try the palmyra fruit that surely will make you want to crave for more. Its sweet jelly seed sockets are so delicious and it possesses a milder taste than lychee. There’s also longans, mangosteens, mangoes, and bananas. Going around Pathum Thani, you will encounter different kinds of Thai desserts that will surely satisfy sweet cravings. Make sure you bring something home and share it with your family and friends.
Pathum Thani Tourist Spots
1. Astonishing Wat Phra Dhammakaya A visit to the huge temple complex, Wat Phra Dhammakaya, will gain everyone’s new experience and perspective. Located in the Khlong Luang District, this has become one of the most visited places in Pathum Thai. Visitors will surely love the modernity and calming environment of the temple. It’s filled with positive energy and it radiates all throughout the city of Pathum Thani. There’s so much peace inside, well-maintained landscapes and a serene place. Perfect for mediation workshops that everyone will surely enjoy learning. Remember to wear modest clothes in white as it symbolizes the purity of the temple. Get astounded with the one million buddhas statues and learn more about the Buddhist culture all in one place.
2. Fun Shopping Experience at Wat San Chao Floating MarketShopping in a boat is one of the must-try to do in Pathum Thai. The Wat San Chair Floating Market amazingly offers what local and foreign travelers needs. It’s the best place to find the best deals and meet the friendly locals in the city. You would expect a lot of traditional local food, artistic handicrafts, and local produce designed to show the culture and more of Thailand’s beauty. Everyone can freely feed the fishes while having a good time going around and shopping. A lot of local homes are along the river that will spike more of your curiosity about the Pathum Thani’s beauty. Every visitor shouldn’t miss this place to make sure you get the most of Pathum Thani.
3. The Wonderful Rare Stone MuseumA visit to the Rare Stone Museum would give everybody a chance to discover hidden gems of Thailand and stones from other parts of the world, too. There are over 10,000 stones collected for viewing and information of unusual stones and fossils. A child-friendly museum that kids will surely love and be amazed by the wonders of the world. Everyone will feel they traveled the whole world just by looking at the collection of stones, where each of them has its own characteristics to admire and learn more about. A truly wonderful place to answer geology curiosities.