About Chiang Rai
Travel to the Chiang Rai Province in the North of Thailand. Discover how its relatively small population became one of the best places to explore the region’s wonder and surrounding countries like Laos and Myanmar. The city entices every traveler looking for a laid back and relax atmosphere. It is rich in historical and cultural wonders. Definitely worth exploring and get to know. To fully appreciate Chiang Rai’s relaxed vibe, visit nature at its finest. You will be in awe that every attraction is conveniently easy to access and the pathways hold scenic views, too. Drive around with the help of a local, tuktuk or songthaews or hire a motorbike. You will be taken to fantastic places that will make your stay in Chiang Rai perfectly awesome. Fabulous food, superb accommodations, perfect handicrafts, local arts, and the local ethnic tribes are just some of the reasons you’ll love this place and be back for more.
1. Akha Hill Tribes Mini Light and Sound PresentationA celebration that happens every month will surely let the whole world know about the spectacular show of the Akha Hill Tribes Mini Light and Sound Presentation. It happens every second Saturday of every month in the Chiang Rai Social Development Centre. The mini-show presents the highlights of the lifestyle of the Akha Tribes, who lives in the northern part of Thailand. They host children’s games, stunning exhibitions, cultural performances and show their beautiful handicrafts. The show is very affordable, too so you could get to enjoy it while learning. You would definitely admire the Akha Tribes for their passion, integrity, and cooperation. It’s a must place for everyone to get to know the local culture of Chiang Rai.
2. Must-Buy Local ProductsYou will have the opportunity to purchase hand-woven fabrics made into dresses and skirts. The craftsmanship of the Hill Tribes can never be denied through their distinct fine silver carved into perfection. It’s one of the most sought products to buy in Chiang Rai because of its smoothness and fine textures. You’ll surely love this jewelry and ornaments due to its uniqueness. Wood carving products are also worth checking for. You’ll be crazy in love with these magnificent products you’ll surely buy more than you can and keep it as a reminder of your journey in Thailand.
3. Amazing and Relaxing WaterfallsGet to see the best of Chiang Rai by visiting one or two of their waterfalls. You will let your body hike, walk and enjoy the lush forest and see natures at its fullest beauty. Hire a motorbike for conveniently accessing the waterfalls and get to know each of their personalities by taking a swim, dipping your toes into the cold refreshing waters and relax to the chirping of birds around the forest. It’s as if nature is talking to you that you’re in the right place at the right time. Listen as the water flows freely and for sure it will instantly relieve you. A mesmerizing feeling will instantly soothe every part of you. It’s a magical feeling to be in touch with nature.
Chiang Rai Tourist Spots
1. Glamorous Clock Tower Chiang RaiBe surprised to see the glamorous Chiang Rai Clock Tower found in the junction of Phaholythin, Jet Yod and Banpaprakan Roads. The tower was built to honor King Bhumibol Adulyadej. It’s a beautiful icon of the Chiang Rai. You know you’re in this beautiful city when you get a chance to see particularly on the busy road. During the night, its golden colors light up the busy amazingly. Do not miss the spectacular light and sound show in the evening as golden colors turn into other colors brightly. It finds relief among the business of the road. It always reminds everyone to see the beauty in everything, tells time and that there is good timing in everything.
2. Wonderful Learnings at Hill Tribe MuseumVisit the Hill Tribe Museum in the Thanalai Road of Rayong. You’ll get to know about Thailand’s history in one setting. The museum shows the lifestyle, culture, customs, and traditions of Thailand’s ethnic hill tribe communities. It gives an overview of what to do and not to do when visiting the hill tribe village. There are also interesting facts about the major seven tribes of the country. It’s the place to be informed well. A 20-minute video is played to understand the different tribes through their colorful costumes and the importance of bamboo in their community. Visiting the museums means also supporting the museum’s goal to spread awareness by being responsible visitors while visiting the community.
3. Relax at the Mae Fah Luang Art and Cultural ParkSetting in a large landscaped garden in Chiang Rai, the Mah Fah Luang Art is a breather from the bustles and hustles of the city. You will be refreshed and able to breathe clean fresh air. Thanks to the beautiful surrounding mature trees and the well-maintained plants. You can also get the chance to learn more about the large collection of plants coming from the northern region of Thailand. Beyond its natural sceneries, the museum aims to preserve the traditional skills of the ethnic tribes and enhance it through supporting the youth to learn modern life and develop their social skills.