Incheon is a city located in northwestern South Korea, Incheon population was actually only 4,700 people, but when it became an international port in 1,883 it become growing and developing in all aspect and become one of three metropolitan city in South Korea. Today, about 3,000,000 people live in the city, making it South Korea's third most populous city after Seoul and Busan. The city's growth has been assured in modern times with the development of its port due to its natural advantages as a coastal city and forming the world's fifth largest metropolitan area by population. Incheon has a humid subtropical climate and humid continental climate, the temperature however never rises to an extreme and the climate of the city is essentially mild. Incheon is passed by the seasonal winds as the northwesterly winds strike the city in the winter and the summer in Incheon is affected by gusts of the warm southwesterly winds.
1. Incheon Free Economic ZoneIncheon led become the economic development of Korea by opening its port to the outside world, ushering in the modernization of Korea as a center of industrialization. It consists of the three regions of Songdo, Cheongna, and the island of Yeongjong. Incheon was the first of Korea free economic zone. Since then, many big local companies and global enterprises have invested in the Incheon Free Economic Zone. Incheon was established with the intent of its becoming one of the future top three economic zones in the world. The plan of the project is to be a independent living and business district featuring air and sea transportation, a logistics complex, an international business center, financial services, residences, schools and hospitals, and shopping and entertainment centers. So no wonder you will find many foreigners as well as this modern developed city surely foreigner friendly.
2. Incheon Free English ZoneAs an international city, Incheon has held many big scale of international conferences, such as the Incheon Global Fair & Festival in 2009 and 17th Asian Games Incheon 2014 was also held in Incheon on 19 September 2014 Due to this international activities, Incheon declared itself an "English City," which programming the "Incheon Free English Zone". What is this program? This is where Incheon can be a city that proficient in English just like Hong Kong and Singapore. This is has related also the government program of Incheon Free Economic Zone with slogan "Smile with English". This is also can be the more your reason to visit Incheon without worries about their understanding of your need to them. It is not a surprise that even in Seoul mostly people hardly speaking in English as well as the on the street sign. You will not find it in Incheon.
3. Incheon Colorful ChinatownSince Incheon become the international port of South Korean, it is expanding as metropolis and industrial port. Along with the opening of this city into the world, make it was also visited by many foreigner which after that choose to stay as resident. One of the migration is Chinese who worldwide known well as the merchants. Generation to generation it spread and built a Chinatown naturally. Incheon’s Chinatown Chinatown has been a very popular place, for especially Chinese food. In fact, many Chinese restaurants in Chinatown owned by Chinese, so you can use both languages, Korean and Chinese as well as English will available to make an order for original Chinese cuisine. There is also a foreign-owned western-style restaurant on the edge of Chinatown called Fog City They speak English and have pizza, pasta and steaks. Their sourdough bread is made in house and is unlike anything else in Korea. Its colourful Chinatown and Open Port areas are the most tourist-friendly parts of the city to explore. Make sure you come here to enjoy the Chinese food, stroll the seafront, the architectures, or you can catch ferries to the West Sea islands or beyond to China.
Incheon Tourist Spots
1. Sinpo International MarketFirst thing to try in the foreign country is the local food and absolutely you need to try Koran street food. You can find a lot of them at Sinpo International Market. Since the location is nearby the port Sinpo-dong which is a major commercial port. This is where the market was formed in the 19th century when foreigners came to trade goods. Make sure you try the local food in this market for examples Spicy rice cake, kimbap, kimchi, deep-fried chicken, try everything that stalls in the market have to offer. This market absolutely food lover heaven, if you are one of them, then write it as your top list!
2. Fairy Tale VillageIncheon Fairyland or Songwol dong is a place that full of magical, because this village is where a Disney movie set come alive because you will find many houses decorated in bright colors with the famous fairytale story theme, for examples Little Red Riding Hood, Wizard of Oz, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Tinkerbell, and many more. Not only western fairytale, Korean folktales also can be found in the murals and the standees. If you come to Incheon with the children, this place is really fit to fulfill their dreams of the fairytales. Songwol-dong Fairy Tale Village is a short train ride away from the airport, so even if you’re only stopping over at Incheon for a couple hours, you can still make your way here to soak up the magic of this colorful village before catching your next flight.
3. Jeondeungsa TempleIf you know the famous games of Temple Run, there is a temple in Incheon that looks right out of a site from the game Temple Run. It is Jeondeungsa Temple, located within the Samrangseong Fortress was built by the three sons of Dangun, the Korea’s founding father, during the Joseon Dynasty. The Jeondeungsa Temple used to be a sanctuary enshrining family ancestors during the Goryeo Dynasty. The main building has many carvings that is a superlative example of the mid-Joseon Dynasty’s architecture and many of them hidden in the most obscure places. This temple usually place for the soldier in the past to pray for good luck during war by writing their names along the wall on the main building called Daeungbojeon. This thousand years old Buddhist temple is actually a complex of smaller temples and building and each one of them is a marvel of architecture and statues. The temple also surrounding by the beautiful trees and flowers. There is always history was need to be told and see among the modern city of Incheon.