Mountainous Slovakia is a landlocked country located in Central Europe. It is bordered by Poland to the north, Ukraine to the east, Hungary to the south, Austria to the southwest, and the Czech Republic to the northwest. The combined presence of beautiful nature, mesmerizing architecture, and magical castles made Slovakia a dreamy place for everyone. Not only that, because the country is boasting its flourishing traditions, mouthwatering foods, and many treasures. Bratislava is the capital city of Slovakia, and the people living in the country are called Slovakian, who possess true real beauty. Your security to your exciting adventure to the country will rest assured because it is entirely safe to visit, although you need to take precautions and beware to pickpockets. Slovakia is sure to be one of the topmost visits in Central Europe. Exploring the small country will prove to you that even small places can have so many things to offer.
1. First Reservation of Folk Architecture in the WorldNorthern Slovakia is flourishing when it comes to folk architecture. It holds a title for being the first reservation not only in Europe but in the entire world. Lush with green surroundings and hilly landscape, the village of Cicmany boasts the traditional wooden houses. Your admiration of architecture will be intensified if you see the first houses that exist in the world. The walls of these timber houses are embellished with white geometrical patterns; the same shapes can be detected on the folk dresses of the villagers. More than 130 homes belonging to the historic preservation area. The scenic view will melt everyone's heart because it makes the country bloom and shines with pride.
2. Homes to Many Dreamy CastlesA journey to Slovakia means having to experience a fairytale-like adventure. Who wouldn't have? The country has the highest number of castles, and the welcoming presence of every picturesque castle makes you wanna take selfies. You can be princes and princesses all you want and enjoy the castles around. It is not like you can see castles everywhere and every day in the world. In Slovakia, your dream to be in a fairytale would be guaranteed even in a short while. You will see most of the popular castles in the world only in Slovakia, and these surprises alone are undoubtedly enchanting to every traveler.
3. Drinking Herbal Liquor in the Breathtaking Mountains Being blessed with beautiful rugged mountains made the locals love their country even more and spend time there. Whatever the season is, spending moments in the mountains of Slovakia is a prevalent pastime. It will be a piece of amusing information to know that Slovaks are always prepared and are looking forward to drinking herbal liquor on the top of the hills. It must be very refreshing to the feeling of having a rest and chilly time in the mountains. The liquors that they have been one of the best in Europe containing health benefits. Taking a few swigs at the top of the mountain will make your time outdoors even more beneficial to your wellbeing while building rapport with the locals.
4. The Heart of SlovakiaHaving a great time and relaxing adventure is best partnered when you savor the famous foods of the country. Slovakia provides you the best heavenly taste foods. Bryndzove halusky is on top when talking about the dish of the country because it is the national dish of Slovakia. This trendy food will give you so much satisfying feeling. This is a dish of potato gnocchi topped with a sheep's milk cheese sauce and fried bacon. You cannot say you have been in Slovakia if you haven't tasted their food yet. It serves as the heart of the country that gives energy to every locals and visitors.
5. The Colorful Slovak Folk CostumesThe authentic traditional costumes of Slovak are called "Kroj." It is very diverse in color and intricate patterns. Kroj is different in every region, making the country have vibrant beautiful colors. Wearing traditional Kroj takes pride and national identity. Kroj differs in every occasion activities, there is for the wedding, feast, and dance costumes. It is one of the things that are highlighting the rich traditions of Slovak. Having the chance to see how magnificent they are with their Kroj is a captivating view. The pretty faces of the locals would be well appreciated even more when you see them proudly wearing Kroj. Amidst the presence and prevalent modern clothes, Kroj still lives and can be seen when there's the occasion in Slovakia because wearing them means treasuring their rich tradition too. They love wearing their Kroj because it represents their culture and love for their country.
6. Slovakia is Young But Rich in HistorySlovakia isn't just about the castles, forests, beautiful lush mountains, and prosperous traditions because it is also about being rich in history. The country might be young, but it is undoubtedly booming with colorful histories. The township of Slovakia has been settled from the earliest times. After the fall of Great Moravia, the Old Hungarian tribes penetrated the territory of Slovakia and made influences that resulted in a very diverse country.