A sovereign city state found in Southeast Asia, Singapore is one of the highly-developed countries in the whole world. It belongs to the Four Asian Tigers and it is one of the most visited countries. It is continuously flourishing and evolving into a country that is full of opportunities and excitement. This is a place for everyone to meet people from other countries and be immersed with their colorful culture and traditions. Experience a wonderful event with the Singaporeans and try something uniquely fun while getting to know this tiny country. It consists of 63 islands and there are two-man made connections going to Malaysia. The country is well-known for its numerous tourist attractions, luxurious hotel and restaurants, playground for the backpackers and world-class shopping centers. You will definitely have fun going around as it is one of the safest country to visit and stay for as long as you like.
1. Singapore FlagSingapore is the young country that has risen since they became independent. Singapore separated from Malaysia on August 5, 1965 and has since then made its way to a remarkable development. The national flag of Singapore is treated with utmost respect. They started from a young nation to one of the highly developed countries in Asia. The Singaporean flag is represented by the white crescent moon that shows the growth of this small country. The five white stars represents democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality. The color red symbolizes solidarity and equality and the white represents purity and virtues.
2. Major Culture Hub in AsiaWhile you go around Singapore, you will meet a lot of people from different cultures. Most of the Singaporeans are descendants from ethnic Chinese immigrants. You will also meet the Malays, Indians, Armenians, Arab, Bengali, and Filipinos. It is no wonder that Singapore is called the “Major Culture Hub in Asia”. It started when a more relaxed policies regarding immigration was implemented. It caused an influx of migrant workers looking for better job opportunities and changed in lifestyle. British English or Singlish, as what the locals call, is widely spoken and written. It is widely used in universities, public announcements, and all communications.
3. Celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival in SingaporeCelebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival in Singapore is one of the most anticipated event in the late of September to early October in the Gardens of Bay, Singapore. It is a Chinese tradition to worship the moon for the bountiful blessings during the autumn harvest. Colorful and lighted lanterns are found along the streets. It is a time for families to gather and watch the colorful glow of the Lantern Walk. There are night performances for everyone to watch. The lantern painting competition makes every artist excited too. It is a time to show off their skills and all are hopeful to win great prizes. Moon cakes and fine teas are along the streets, too. It is tasty traditional cake that Mid-Autumn Festival will never be complete without these. Make time to stay during this special event. Everyone is having fun and looking forward to many more blessings.
4. The Traditional Chili Crab of SingaporeFood in Singapore is one of the most exciting things you would ever discover. The famous Chili Crab is just one of the many delicious food treats in the country. Craving for this national delish is convenient as most of the restaurants offer it. What makes every restaurant worth visiting? They all have specialty in cooking and serving Chili Crab. Plus, you get different views of the beauty of Singapore, too. You will love the friendly and amazing staff. Get your hands dirty and eat the flavorsome crab. Every spice of the crab meat is sumptuous and deliciously prepared. If you opt for a sweet crab, there’s also a chance to spot a restaurant that offers a not so spicy crab.
5. The Famous Merlion of SingaporeAs you go around, every visitor will surely not miss to visit the Merlion Park. The lion’s head is widely known all over the world as symbolic nature to the Singaporeans. It represents their courage, strength and excellence. Why is it in the water? Singapore always looks back to its origin. As a young nation, it started from being a fishing village or the sea town. When in the Merlion Park, you will see the beautiful skyline in the background. It is as if telling everyone how courage and resiliency bought this country to new dimension of success.
6. Favorite Singaporean SouvenirIf you’re thinking of what to buy in Singapore, the Ya Kun Coconut Jam is one of the best products you can buy and share to your family and friends back home. They will be surely impressed with its sweet and incredible taste. It is perfect topping or filling for breads, cakes and cookies. Pair it with Ya Kun Coffee Powder for a lengthy conversation about your wonderful trip in Singapore. Aside from this, you may want to buy home décor art, crafts, and cutlery for souvenirs. Do not forget the iconic merlion of Singapore. This will remind you of your beautiful trip to SIngapore and it will make you come back again.