The landlocked country of the Republic of Serbia is located at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe in the southern Pannonian Plain and the central Balkans. It is bordered by four of the six former Yugoslavian socialist republics, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Republic of Macedonia, and Montenegro. The continental weather of Serbia is one of the things that attract visitors all around the world as they can experience cold winters and enjoy sightseeings during hot summers. Belgrade, the capital city of Serbia, is known for being the largest and oldest cities in Southeastern Europe. Serbia is a small country that has a rich history in Central-Southeast Europe when it comes to European wars dating to the Middle Ages. There are so many mysteries about the country that remain unsolved, but there is the undeniable fact that the astounding beauty of nature will always remain beautiful. Here are some of the country's highlights.
1. The Entertaining Vibrant FestivalsThe most famous festival of Serbia might be the EXIT, a student movement fighting for peace and democracy in Serbia and the Balkans way back in the year 2000. With the use of music and entertainment, young people were able to present their lives. The festival took to a higher level because everyone can have fun, the locals and foreigners will be able to have a remarkable bonding that would create the best experience ever. Your adventure through dancing to the beat until the morning would linger on your mind even after you already had your journey in Serbia. EXIT and some of the famous festivals of Serbia would lighten up your atmosphere with your friends and the locals around you.
2. The National Drink of SerbiaYou may have heard about France being known for wine and cheese, Italy about Spaghetti, and Spain about spicy foods. In Serbia, They are known for the brandy Rakia. It is the national drink of the country, and it is not just a drink that is manufactured but also homemade ones. The villages in Serbia had a piece of knowledge in making Rakija because their ancestors have passed down the knowledge from generation to generation. You may want to try this Rakia that is a strong distilled alcoholic beverage made from plums. It is traditionally considered to have healing attributes, earnestly recommended for both external and internal use. The fruit brandy of Serbia Rakia is one of the best drinks you'll ever try when you land on the country.
3. The Life on the Famous Nightlife of SerbiaAn adventure during the daytime would let you see the beauty of natural landscapes while a trip during nighttime would be thrilling and fun as well. In Serbia's capital, expect the exciting nightlife of the locals. The famous nightlife of Serbia, especially in its capital city, is known worldwide. This is why Serbian life is included in world tourism and a must-see for the people in the world. The entertaining night is not all about partying but also connecting with the community and to the locals. It might also be best if you take precautions to have a more enjoyable night. The different genres of music are well provided, and it's for you to dance the beat like you own the night. This night experience in Serbia would take you to a new level of thrilling adventure.
4. Having Peaceful Monasteries The holy place and tranquil Monasteries are the best places for relaxation when traveling to Serbia. The faith of the locals is tied with the history embedded in the monasteries. You may have the chance to take a glance and experience how calm can Monasteries can be by stepping a foot inside as it is open for the visitors. The dramatic scenic view of every monastery would take you in awe. You will find the orthodox churches completely flawless.
5. The Rugged Weaving Since the Middle Ages, Serbia has been involved in rug weaving already. The beautiful weaved rugs have been one of the country's traditions already. These carpets that are being used can be seen anywhere in the country. The pirot rugs are astoundingly beautiful and can be seen in the anterooms, palaces, and courts of Serbian dynasties. They were gifted to rulers and diplomats as a typically Serbian part of the tradition and cultural heritage. The authentic embedded patterns and ornaments would catch your attention. You will not just adore the intricate designs, but you would surely appreciate the artists who made them.
6. Home to Delightful RaspberrySerbia is a land of farmers and cultivation traditionally, and it where you will find and the heavenly taste of raspberry is incomparable. Being in Serbia, you would satisfy yourself with the raspberry that they produce. The country is one of the biggest producers and exporters of raspberry worldwide, together with Russia, the United States, Poland, and Germany. There are intensive plantations in the area of Arilje, which is the raspberry capital of the country. In addition to being one of Serbia's most extensive exports, the raspberry is a necessary product for other reasons because the raspberry is essential for Serbia's rural development.