The cultural bridge between the Islamic and black African world, Senegal, is located on the coast of West Africa. Senegal is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, The Gambia to the north, west, and south, Mauritania to the north, Mali to the east, and Guinea and Guinea-Bissau to the south. The country lies within three climate zones: a hot desert zone in the north, a semi-arid zone in the center, and a tropical savanna area in the south. Senegal has so much beautiful tradition, with a touch of French influence as they have been colonized before. Fish processing, phosphate mining, fertilizer production, and ship construction are the primary agricultural fields of the land. The natural landscapes and unique culture are some of the highlights that made Senegal the jewel of West Africa. The charms of the country are enthralling, and there are so many things to see and to do in the country.
1. Enclosed by the Beautiful BeachesWith the hot climate of Senegal, it would be perfect to have your getaway experience on their beautiful beaches. One of the things that Senegal boasts about is their beaches. Being on the Atlantic coastline has the country's advantage because it won't disappoint you. The long stretches of white sand beaches and waters that are clearly reflecting the skies will bring you to a heavenly experience. Having the best journey on a country's beaches is remarkable and is best partnered with plates of seafood. Be ready to have some incredible moments, while breathing the sea air and enjoying the scorching sun of Senegal. Don't forget to bring your best outfit.
2. The Wonders of Ancient RuinsThe mysteries of the past remained unknown, but the history embedded in the ancient ruins is still there. You would find the great spectacle stone circles located between the River Gambia and the River Senegal. The continent of Africa is known for having the most ancient ruins from the past. Senegal is on top when it's the remains of the past that we are talking about. The country showcases stunning sceneries that are sure to linger on your mind once you see it. You will be able to see the touch of French architectures, too, that blended well to Senegal's structures.
3. The Enthralling Pink WatersHaving a great experience with waters is incomparable, and pink waters might not be the usual water you expect on a lake. In Senegal, they are famous for having pink water, enchanting sightseeing for the visitors that would make you fall in love with waters even more. The pink waters are real, thanks to the Dunaliella salina bacteria, which produces a red pigment to absorb the sunlight. It rests assured that you can swim in the lakes. The pink waters seemed to exist for the beauty of nature, salt harvesting, and a pleasant place for the swimmers and water lovers. The unique color would invite you to capture it and save it on your phone. As the day in Senegal would be much remembered. Visit during the dry season of November to June to see its color at its most glowing.
4. The Beautiful Twist Hairstyle of SenegaleseHairstyle makes people beautiful and glow, you can adore every hairstyle that you encounter. You must be already aware and see the unique hairstyle of Africans. You can't help but be curious about the beautiful twist on their head. It must be difficult to imitate them, but with Senegalese, they can effortlessly do it on their own. Their twist hairstyle makes them really famous when it comes to the beauty industry. You may want to witness how they do it when you are in the country. For sure, You would love the people even more. They are slaying with style!
5. The Alive and Colorful Fabric MarketsAs a wanderer to a new place, you might have plans to see the most lively places in the country. Senegal will not disappoint you for that because the country is on top when it comes to the most vibrant fabric markets in the whole of Africa. You will not just enjoy the lively ambiance, but you'll be attracted to buy for sure. The best souvenirs that you might be looking for can be found here. The vast collections of the fabric markets are the best things you would ever see in the country. Make sure to buy for you and for your special ones.
6. The Heart of the CountryYou cannot say you've been to Senegal if you haven't tried their national dish yet. The hearty flavor of Thiéboudienne or also known as the Senegalese Fish and Rice, would melt your heart. The strongly flavored combination of fish, rice, and vegetables simmered in tomato sauce is perfect for stimulating your body and giving your stomach the satisfaction that you are looking for. The delicious national dish of the country serves the heart. It was all started in the nineteenth-century when Penda Mbaye, a famous cook, invented the food. The food has been old enough but still kicking and mouthwatering. The aroma of the food and appealing look will tell you that there is still much Senegalese food that is worth trying.