About San Marino
The Republic of San Marino is a tiny country found in an enclave slate in Southern Europe completely surrounded by Italy. The country is divided into nine castles; Acquaviva, Borgo Maggiore, Montegiardino, Fiorentino, Faetano, Domagnano, Chiesanuova, Serravalle, and San Marino City. The Sammarinese will welcome you warmly and would like you to enjoy everything about their country. Most of the residents are foreigners from Italy and widely speak the language Romagnol. During your stay in Italy, visiting San Marino is a must because it is conveniently easy and will show you to a lot of majestic places. You are allowed to enter San Marino without the need of stamping your passport so there’s no reason at all not to enter the country. Discover its tranquil surroundings and enjoy the rolling hills with majestic castle towers. Learn and celebrate medieval history and experience how it feels living in the old magical days.
1. The Power of Cheese MakingDuring your stay in San Marino, one of the exciting things that you must do is to learn more about cheese making. The production of cheese is one of San Marino’s main economic activity. There will be a lot of fun as you think about stretching cheese as far as you want to. As you get to know more about the different quality and characteristics of cheese in the country, you will eventually be able to compare young cheese from the older cheese. The older cheese tends to develop tastier as it ages. You can buy some of the famous wines of San Marino and experiment to your cheese desire. In Italy, cheese is one of the must-ingredients of a delish pasta and San Marino also believes that cheese gives the power to the delicious Bolognese, Passatelli, Nidi de rondine and a lot more.
2. Enjoy San Marino’s Traditional FoodNever miss the chance to eat San Marino’s traditional food. The Faggiolo con le cotiche is undoubtedly one of the must-try food in this country. It is often served during the Christmas season and other special occasions. The main ingredients are fresh pork rinds, cured hams, tomatoes and beans. The first step in cooking Faggiolo con le cotiche is to soak the beans in water overnight. While cooking, do not forget to season it with fresh herbs like clove garlic and basil to naturally enhance its flavors. The Sammarinese perfectly cooks this traditional food absolutely delicious and aromatic. It is likewise noted that Sammarinese wouldn’t let you leave the table without eating their favorite traditional dessert, “Fig and Honey Apple Cake”. It is a simple dish made from dice apples, dried figs and honey. It will surely give your sweet tooth happiness.
3. Magical Medieval Days FestivalTravel back in time and celebrate medieval times with the friendly and welcoming Sammarinese. Book earlier than the last weekend of July to make sure you have a hassle-free travel to San Marino. Everybody is excited to take part in this beautiful and enchanting event. You will learn more about the country’s history, cultural performances and traditions. There’s an absolute large crowds watching for the costumed parade. A lot of drum rolls and music entices everyone to sing, sway, and plainly just have a good time. This is a time to accept the challenge for the medieval crossbow archery competition, too. Enjoy food, wine and the company of the lovely people of San Marino. You will surely have a good time being back in the medieval days and experience it for real.
4. Intriguing and Interesting MuseumsThere is so much to see and so much to know in the intriguing museums of San Marino. You will definitely have a fun time selecting a wide range of museums according to your interests. Witness ancient years, old weapons, sacred galleries and sculptures. It is a heaven for all history lovers out there. If you are looking for something new, try the museum with eclectic mix in San Marino. It has strange collection, which everyone will definitely be more curious about. Get to know more about San Marino in its truest form and most exciting way. You will definitely be having fun discovering and exploring.
5. Great Shopping Experience in San MarinoYou’ll love how conveniently easy and affordable to shop in San Marino. It is one of the few places to shop in Europe that offers a wide array of handcrafted products and all are tax-free. Almost all of the products are known for its good quality and true Italian style. Their leather purses are some just some of the products that you need to buy. You can also buy yourself some sophisticated jewelries, purses and scarfs. There’s also decorative items like; ceramics, knives, and beautiful paintings.
6. A Fairytale ExperienceSan Marino will always be the top choices if you’re looking for a fairytale like experience. The ancient walls, castle towers, and the medieval village will make you feel excited. You will surely have the most genuine smile while taking a selfie. Plus, the country is clean and it has a low-crime rate. Surely enough, you’ll get the best of both worlds in San Marino.