About Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Found in the eastern Caribbean Sea, the Saint Vincent and the Grenadine Islands stretch toward Grenada. You will be welcome by the friendly and very welcoming Vincentians. The majority of the locals are from the Afro-Vincentian descent. The Vicentians are known for their love of feel good music vibes. Music is always incorporated to their lifestyle. They love it so much that even when you are feeling kind of blue, you should and must attend festivals. With the island’s forested and mountainous topography, it is no wonder that it is a home to some endemic birds and other animals. You will appreciate how this country preserves nature and animals. A visit to the islands will let you discover fruits and dishes that never ceases to amaze the locals and travelers. Enjoy the beautiful sun and the island while you tour around as you learn more about the country’s history and culture.
The Charm of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
1. Sway and Be Happy at Blues FestivalWhen you are in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, attending the famous Mystique Blues Festival is one way to celebrate a live jazz festival. Be aware that this will scene will let you enjoy blues music as good as it can be. It takes the sadness away and at the same time will allow you to drift sadness quite surprisingly as you listen to lovely music. Lively blues music comes from the talented artists from the Carribeans and from other countries as well in the beautiful bar beach of Basil. These wonderful music festival started in 1996 and has been a part of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines special celebration. It aims to support the Basil Charles Education Foundation of the country.
2. Fascinating Turtle WatchMeet the fascinating turtles of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. You will have a thrilling and a rewarding time to get to see the beautiful creatures. You may want to visit the hatchery by Orton “Brother” King and learn in how to raise turtles, protect and save them from extinction. This strengthens awareness for all the visitors of the country to support the conservation of turtles in the Caribbeans and hoping that other countries will follow. Make sure you add turtle watching to one of your activities in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and be inspired.
3. Healthy BreadfruitOne of the staple food in the land of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is the breadfruit. In 1973, the breadfruit arrived in the country and has made itself comfortable with the surroundings. The crop is a seasonal fruit and it has a short life span. To make the most of this crop, many dishes are created to keep it last. Some of these are breadfruit ice cream, breadfruit cakes with toppings, and breadfruit pickles. There’s also a breadfruit drink to quench your thirst. According to Roberts Nkrumah, “The breadfruit is one of those crops that has come in to the Caribbean, just sat there and been in our faces, and taken for granted.” You will surely not take for granted the favorite staple food of Saint Vincent Grenadines. It is one of the healthiest food in the country and it is known as an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
4. Visit their Islands of the CloudsEnjoy paradise in the second-largest island of the country, Bequia or the Islands of the Clouds. You will have a breathtaking view of the ocean and pools while walking around. The surrounding gardens are stunning. It will make you appreciate nature and the simplicity of life. Have the pleasure of staying at one of the luxurious acomodations in the island while staying on budget. Friendly staff and spacious clean rooms are just some of the reasons to book a night or two in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Excellent breakfast will welcome you for new adventures in the island. You can try challenging activities like; scuba diving, cruising yachts. There is so much to see and discover in this beautiful small island.
5. Enjoy an Amazing Cruise DayOne of the highly recommended activities to do in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is enjoying a fantastic cruise in the island. This is a family friendly tour where you and your kids will enjoy the island and the marvelous views. Kids and adults will easily relate to the wonderful sceneries as they learn more about the production of the Pirates of the Carribean Movie. You will also get to learn the colorful history and culture of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. An amazing tour with the professional and friendly guide will help you have a hassle-free and safe experience.
6. Unique Crafts to Buy in Saint Vincent and the GrenadinesGoing to other places means having a great shopping experience. It excites you to the deepest and you just can’t wait to have a piece of the place you’ve been to hold and treasure forever. Handicrafts in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are promoted to showcase the creativity of the locals. They love what they’re doing and are passionate about creating unique crafts that holds to their values and traditions. One of the Vincentian products are colorful and useful straw baskets. A personalized pen is also a great for everyone. For all of the things that you will discover and purchase in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, keep in mind that these are products that are excellent indigenous influence.