Visiting Russia is like visiting the whole world all in one place. The largest country of the world spans 11 timezones across Europe and Asia continents. Its various beautiful landscapes with beautiful lush mountains and giant marshes are sprawling beautifully with surrounding majestic rivers and clear crystals lakes. The country is not only famous for the whole world but also to a large number of species and ecosystems. Despite the cold climate of Russia, it warmly welcomes everyone to discover and experience the wonder of the country. One of the highlights of your Russian trip will be to marvel at the uniqueness of nature’s beauty and reserves that creates an overflowing of things to do. All the popular attractions in Russia provides a lot of reasons why this place is the best among the best. Pack your bags and take the opportunity to discover the world starting from the beautiful country of Russia.
1. New Discoveries with VodkaDrink water or the high alcoholic beverage called vodka? This must be some of the questions that pop in your mind, but why would you have second thoughts about drinking vodka in Russian? The whole world often associates Russia with vodka. The perfect cold weather of Russia os the best place to grow grapes and an excellent place for the production of grape alcohol innovating it through distillation to produce vodka. One way to fully enjoy vodka is to make sure that it is ut served chilled. Always make sure that you drink it in one gulp. Do not just taste it. Enjoy one gulp so that you may drink as many as you can because Russia offers a lot of variety. Enjoy your Russian trip as you drink these.
2. Beautiful Matryoshka DollsThe Matryoshka Dolls or Babushka Dolls often referred to as the Russian Tea Dolls are one the of cutest things that you’ll see that depict the culture of the Russians. It is made up of wooden figure dolls of decreasing sized placed one inside another. These beautiful Russian dolls follow a theme that varies depending on the artist’s preferences, but much of the characterization is from the Soviet leaders, peasant girls, famous musicians and famous movie stars, mothers and their child, and even nature, too. Their Matryoshka dolls play an essential part in the Russians especially on the feminine side through childbearing making a symbol of motherhood. It’s one of the most famous Russian souvenirs that you can give to your family and friends.
3. Delicious Studen or KohodoletsThe traditional dish of Russia is a jellied meat dish taken from the Russian word “kholod”, which means ‘cold’. This unique dish is usually served during the Winter Holiday Festive Meal and has been the comfort food of the Russians. Khodolers are jelly that contains pieces of meat clearly seen through the transparent jelly. It is prepared by making sure that the broth’s readiness is perfect not to be taken off the fire too early. To enhance its delicious taste, laurel leaves, peppercorns, garlic, and salt are added. It’s a totally interesting dish for everyone to uncover. Let this delicious traditional food of the Russians complete your Russian holiday.
4. Joyous Winter FestivalFrom all of the lively festival Russia celebrates, you might get too overwhelmed what festival to attend. A hint for you is to try first the Winter Russian Festival that happens annually from the months of December to January. It is one of the best festivals in the country to get to know more about the cultural traditions and get to socialize with the friendly and hospitable Russians. The lively celebration consists of performances from the local artists of the country. It highlights their traditional Russian dance and song. Everyone is welcome to join games and take part in Snow sledding and troika rides. A sparkling event that lights up the country over the years. Ice sculptures are worth every view and photos.
5. Meeting the RussiansIf ever you’ve been invited to Russian’s home for dinner, make sure that arriving on time is important and to remove your shoes before entering their house. It’s also nice to give flowers to a woman host, not only as a sweet gesture but also to show honor and respect. The Russians take pride in their country and love for their cultural heritage so showing admiration is one way to start a conversation whilst easting. Also, remember to leave a small amount of food as this indicates that the hosts have provided ample hospitality and that you’re more than satisfied.
6. Beautiful Traditional DressThe Sarafan Dress is one of the traditional costumes of the Russian women beginning the 18th century. The long dress is paired with the top of a rubakha. Sarafan’s pattern and embroidered style are some of the artistic ways to keep the old traditions of the country. Green, white, blue, yellow, and red is the common colors of these stylish dresses. The color red is among the favorite color chosen, which means “beautiful” in Russian. Women from different towns and villages, civils status and origins are easily identified through the everyday traditional dress.