Romania comes from the Latin word "Romanus," which means "citizen of the Roman empire." The country is located in Southeast Europe that is known for having full and intact traditions and cultures. The ever famous largest building in the world can be found in the country's capital, which is Bucharest. The location of the Communist-era Palatul Parlamentului government. The official language of the country is Romanian, which is an old language belonging to the Italic branch of the Indo-European family. You can also enjoy the four distinct seasons, which are winter, spring, summer, autumn. The country has overflowing natural landscapes, magnificent architectures, and the country's hidden treasures. The country boasts an undisturbed beautiful forest that seems to serve as one of the highlights of the pull factor of Romania. The country's ties to medieval history had its enchanting fairytale-like castles that are shining in the daylight and sparkling in the night.
1. Tying the Knot CelebrationWeddings in Romania are tied with their culture. If you have the chance to witness one of a kind weddings of Romanian, then you will be surprised by their wedding customs which include stealing the bride during the wedding ceremony. It is somehow intriguing as to why they have to steal the brides, and when you are in Romania, you will understand why. Romanian traditions say that guests can borrow the bride for a ransom of candy or in exchange for small gifts. Most guests end up taking the bride to a famous club or pub to dance for a short while. It might be shocking to hear this wedding tradition, yet it is also somehow interesting and fun. You must not miss this unique event of the Romanians. It would be best if you personally witness it, right? Also, you will notice the bride's hair, which is often braided and covered with a crown of flowers and ribbons.
2. The National Dish of RomaniaYou can't say you've been to Romania if you haven't savored their famous dish yet. Romanians' cuisines are rich and varied, and it is up to you what you would eat first. You may want to try their national dish called Sarmale or also known as Sarmalute. This is a traditional dish of Romanian that is made from sour cabbage rolls stuffed with spicy pork, tomato juice, and rice. The outcome is one of the most aromatic and savory meals that anyone could ask for. Do
3. Where Breathtaking Nature LivesRomania has a varied natural landscape that could melt anyone's heart. The country is considered to be a geographically diverse country in the European Union, and justice would be given when you visit the country as it will prove to you how the place can be a magnificent and relaxing sight. Vibrant green hills and rugged snow-capped mountains are some of the highlights that shouldn't be missed when you are having your journey in the country. There is so much more about Romania, everywhere you go has an evident of breathtaking nature. You might be wondering and interested in the famous sandy Black Sea beaches and Europe's largest and best-preserved delta. Romania surely offers the best experience.
4. The Highlights of Romanians' Traditional DancesNow, this is one of the things that capture people's hearts all over the world. It is the exotic traditional dances that still live in the modern world. In Romania, old folk dances are as fascinating as the performers. You might want to witness some of the traditional dances such as the "calusarii," fusing elegant moves, and satirical verse with tremendous rhythms of the dance. It is a ritual initiation dance that can be danced by all the villagers. Their performance is amusing, and it would be the best moment of your journey, to witness the living tradition that has been passed from generation to generation. Their folk dance serves as the messenger of the past as it somehow tells about their ancient times, and you will be able to understand the dance when you immerse yourself with them. Some of the other dances that might catch your interest are Maracine, Batuta, and Banu. Romania presents a unique culture, indeed.
5. Home to the Adorable Brown BearsIf you are an animal lover and wanted to have an adventure to countries that offer enchanting wildlife, then you are in the right place if you consider Romania as your next stop. Romania is one of the top places that can provide you with live wildlife watching in Europe. You will enjoy and appreciate the brown bears as the country has the largest population of it.
6. The Charms of the CityThe beauty of the city is undeniably striking, and you can't help but be in awe as you see the unique and out of this world architecture of Romania. One of the best things that visitors look for is the city landscapes of every country too. The Romanian structures are notable for being diverse because of its combining medieval architecture, modern era architecture, interwar architecture, communist architecture, and contemporary 21st-century architecture. These various, beautiful architectures serve as the charms of the city.