Paranaque City is situated in the southern portion of Metro Manila. Bounded to the north by Pasay City, Southeast by Muntinlupa City, northeast by Taguig City and the rest by Manila Bay. The city enjoys the dry season from October to June and wet seasons from July to September. The city possess a very strategic location as a center for business. One of the busiest in the city is Baclaran, where dry goods like kitchenware, school supplies, electronics, clothes and many more are being sold at the cheapest price. Baclaran is a favorite place among the nearby cities and provinces to spot affordable deals. As a center of business trade, most inhabitants speak Tagalog and can also understand and speak English. Hotels, malls, and casinos form part of Paranaque’s developing economy, making it more attractive to foreign investments and commerce. It is home of the gaming and entertainment complex developed by the state-owned Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation.
1. Budding Relationship Fiesta in the City of ParanaqueThe festivals of the Filipino is a time to gather the people and to recall tradition. It aims to preserve and to passed it to the younger generation. Caracol Festival or the Feast of San Nicolas is a very lengthy procession travelling from the local parish of Manila Bay delivering the patron Santa Rita de Cascia and returning back again. It signifies the renewal of spirit and devotion to the patron of the Paraquenos. The Sambalilo Festival showcase a variety of brightly colored designs of the Sambalilo Hat (a wide brimmed buri hat) that represents the qualities of the Paraquenos as hardworking men during the era of salt making. The Sunduan Festival of the city depicts how the Filipinos court Filipinas. It is pretty much similar to nowadays courtship where men “sundo” or fetch women to take her to church or to the town proper. Other interesting festivals included in the city are; Pasko ng Pagkabuhay during Easter, Santacruzan procession and Flores de Mayo.
2. Endless Variety of Food and Drinks ChoicesThe city contains infinite choices of restaurants from home-style Italian dishes, Thai street foods, Korean dishes, traditional Japanese dishes and a gourmet of sandwiches and many more. The Paranaque wouldn’t be beaten in offering the finest drinks and chill place in the city. Many bars and cafes offer comfy couches and outdoor seats. Others make you dance and make you inevitably drunk with the drinking games. Jam nights are also offered by the city, where you get to see live performances of the local and indie bands. Got a sweet tooth? From a simple brownie to the mesmerizing cakes are found in the city. Visitors wouldn’t like to miss a chance to try out different types of sweets. Trendy cupcakes with unique flavors such as tamarind, quezo de bola and fruity flavors are in the city. Every sweets should be paired with a coffee or tea and this simply makes Paranaque a one stop shop for your stomach.
3.Glitzy Entertainment CityEntertainment City Manila or famously known as Bagong Nayong Pilipino Entertainment City is one of Asia’s Las Vegas in terms of gaming and entertainment on the reclamation area of Manila Bay. The city aims to be one of the world’s largest casino by offering a full-featured resort town, spectacular and unlimited shopping area and perfect entertainment city in the whole world. For visitors who are into casino, then this city is an absolute treat for you.The largest casino in the city are found in the city where 3,000 gaming machines and 500 table games are surrounded by some of the excellent restaurants.
Parañaque Tourist Spots
1. Peaceful and Healing Bird Sanctuary in the City Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat and Ecotourism Area (LPPCHEA) is found in Manila Bay, Paranaque City. It’s rich mangrove forest and natural swamps is a breeding ground for ducks in Metro Manila and a home for migratory birds to name a few; Little Egret, Black-Crowned Night Heron and Moorhen from the months of August to April. It is a protected land area of the Metro Manila as it hosts one of the few remaining mangrove forests in the city and it is the region’s last coastal frontier. Visitors are welcomed to a healthy ecosystem as they trek inside the area. The salt marshes are worth visiting as this helps protect shorelines from erosion. Visitors will surely find birds nesting, feeding and flying around. The three connecting ponds of the Freedom island is a must-see. Truly, peace and healing from nature relieves its visitors of the business of the city.
2. Granted Prayers in the Baclaran Church The Baclaran Church also known as the Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is one of the largest Marian Church in the Philippines. Devotees from other parts of the country firstly attend mass every Wednesday to pray for the Mother of Perpetual Help. For the first-timers, it is advised to make a wish upon the visit of the church. This historic church has can accommodate a big number of visitors. It has a seating capacity of 3,000 and for standing visitors about 9,000. It has been said that going in this church as a regular devotee will grant wishes and prayers. Near the place is the busy Baclaran Market, where visitors will surely not missed because of the very affordable merchandise and visitors can freely haggle with vendors.
3. Luxurious Solaire Resort and Casino One of the resort and casino that contributes to the success of Entertainment City is Solaire Resort and Casino located at Bay City, Paranaque. It offers world-class entertainment like Broadway shows, dazzling concerts, riveting theater plays, and enchanting musicals from local and international artists held at a 1,740 seater auditorium with a state-of-the-art Constellation Acoustic System designed to deliver the richest audio experience for its guests. Solaire Resort and Casino offers equipped Solaire Gym, The Poolside, The Spa, K-Park, Sky Range Shooting Club and probably one of the most luxurious is the Solaire Cruise Center and Leisure Getaway to the Philippines. Every guest would surely appreciate the excellent service the luxurious resort offers.