Found in the Central America with coastlines on both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, Panama shines beautifully. Panama is divided into four regions namely; Central Panama, Caribbean west, Pacific West and Eastern Panama. Its famous landmark, Panama Canal, links the North Atlantic Ocean with the North Pacific Ocean. Panama City, the country's capital and largest city, is the center for commerce, fashion, architectural styles, and gastronomic adventures. The beautiful natural landscapes, amazing wonders, historical tourist attractions make the country a perfect trip for fun-filled discoveries and explorations. Also, the country's perfect climate attracts visitors from around the world to enjoy nature, scenic landscapes, and cultural festivals. It is no wonder that Panama is one of the top choices for a perfect holiday destination. Discover the rich culture of Panamanians and get to meet them. Explore Panamanian traditional dishes and beverages that will surely lift your worries away.
1. Colorful Potteries of PanamaColorful and classic designs of pottery in Panama is a feast for the eyes. You get to see their rich cultural tradition passed through the next generation. It all started by the Monagrillo culture. According to Gordon R. Wiley and Charles R. McGimsey, the Monagrillo culture is found in shell mounds near the shore of Panta Bay and people have mainly lived on shell-fish, fish, turtles and deer and local land animals. Their artifacts consists of simple pottery and stone implements. These ceramics and potteries are now flourishing in the art and culture of Panama. It is beautifully designed with colorful and bright patterns, including paintings of flowers, birds, and starfish and a lot more. Try to buy some for your family and friends to share how creativity sparks at Panama.
2. Panamanian CuisineHave a delightful Panamanian Cuisine with abundance of food choices. Most of Panamanian dishes are from the influences of its nearby countries namely; Spain, Africa, Ecuador, and Venezuela. If you are looking for a seafood dish, the ceviche should be on top of your list. It is a mix of uncooked fish or any type of seafood marinated in lime juice, onion, and peppers. If you’re looking for something unique and traditional, the Panamanian tamales is one of the must-try. This traditional meal is a cornmeal with ingredients such as; lean pork, boneless chicken, spices cooked in bijao leaves. This special dish takes quite a lot of work, but its flavor is awesome and promising. Other Panamanian chicken dishes you can try is the sancocho, which is stewed with vegetables and herbs. Finish it with fruit for dessert for a real tropical Panamanian Cuisine.
3. Calm and Peaceful PanamaniansThe country is often referred to as the "Bridge of the World" because of its unique geographical location. Panamanians have always been proud of their country's intense history. They strongly feel that their country is amazing beyond of challenges that it has been through. Well, after it has been through a lot. Panama deserves to be loved by its country fellowmen. As you go around the country, you will notice the laidback lifestyle of the locals. They value family, conservatism, and calmness. They believe that being calm and peaceful is one of the traits that could keep relationships stronger.
4. National BeverageYou would not only admire the country's love for peace and calmness. There's also a beverage that will make you more curious about Panama's wonder. The Seco Cocktails is the nation's alcoholic drink and known for its high-potency that makes more cocktail taste so good. You would be wanting for more if you would actually try it for yourself. Try to visit some of the wine distilleries in the rural areas and know more about how it is produced and how it tastes. There’s always a good variety of drink that will keep you wanting for more of the country’s favorite drink.
5. Wonderful Surrounding BeachesThere's so much to see and do in this small country. You will be in awe of its famous attractions and breathtaking sites. Panama brings you out of your comfort zone as it offers you a lot of challenging outdoor activities. It’s always good to give it a go while you’re in this beautiful country. Bring your family and your special loved ones with you. Make sure to never miss the wonderful view of the sunset while you swim into the clear water. The white sand beach and the surrounding palm trees keep its promise to make you relax and have a good time.
6. Perfect Weather of the YearWondering when to book for a perfect holiday in Panama? The good news is that you can go at any time of the year. Panama has two seasons that you can choose from. The dry season is perfect for the Panama Jazz Festival, Carnaval, and the Festival de Diablos y Congos. During the wet season, you will also enjoy the Fiesta de Corpus Christi and Fiesta de Santa Librada. Whether the sun is shining brightly or the country is filled with rain showers, there's always a way to enjoy Panama at its finest. Remember to book travel ahead to make sure you will not miss this once a year events in Panama.