Have a magnificent experience in the majestic land of the Republic of Palau. This country might be a little place to say, but it has a big heart. The mixed people, beautiful nature and traditions make the country alive and a wonderful paradise. Palau is an archipelago of over 500 lands that are located on the western Pacific Ocean and is part of the Micronesia region. Witness how busy is the island capital of the country which serves as the commercial center. The population is very diverse, as the mixture of Melanesian, Micronesian, Austronesian, Japanese, and Filipino descent is noticeable. It has to do with its neighboring countries such as the Philippines. The land casts its own spell to everyone because of having such magical features where turquoise water, verdant hills, and fresh air make the place charming and attractive. Note that Palau is as pleasant as the other countries.
1. Culture and history hidden in the industrialized state The attractive feature of the people of Palau are famously known to be welcoming and friendly. With the smile on their lips, you cannot help but smile back at them. These individuals might have different descendants, but in terms of being kind, they were all the same. Nothing is more comforting when people in the country accept you and tend to be friendly with you even if you are a visitor to them. You will not feel that you are a stranger when they show you how hospitable they can be. They are the best people that you might want to know and encounter in your whole life. Missionaries brought Christianity to their country, which makes them practice Roman Catholic, and its virtues, however, other religions like Shintoism, and Buddhism are also present, in case you're wondering how these people have faith.
2. Enveloped by Intact TraditionsThe complementary roles for both men and women and Palau are surprising as they have both rights when it comes to leadership. It is a rare thing to know that women lead because men were always the one who leads in most countries. The strong opinions of women matter in the decisions as it is a matrilineal society. You would be amazed at how they show respect and regard to their elders and leaders wherein they serve specific foods to indicate their positions. Be aware that they consider the head as a sacred body part and should not touch it even if you just want to pat the head. The clans, together with the government, are being united as well when it comes to strict restrictions and controlling alcohol usage.
3. Living the Life of UnderwaterAn underworld in Palau is a dreamy place that looks like a paradise and some kind of mermaid tale. It makes you wanna swim over and over and feel the caress of the waters. Live life with the famous jellyfish, like you are already part of their world. The jellyfish lakes would make you fall in love even more in the country, and you will not regret coming because of the experience. Worry not as the jellyfish don't sting. There are still many things that you might want to do in the place, and that involves snorkeling. Swimming and letting the current of water relax you cannot be compared because it brings peace and serenity to your soul.
4. Creative House Painted with Delicate DesignsVisitors showed interest in visiting the country because of these intriguing structures of tribal houses, which involves a lot of designs that have something to say about their traditions. These are called the Bai structures, which are said to be the meeting place of the tribes' chieftains where they can discuss their concerns and plans on community issues. You can have the chance to enter the Bai structures and be in awe as you see the wonders it hides on the inside. Visitors can enter the tribal house even without a guide. The emblems and designs of the house make it unique and distinct to any other culture. In this matriarchal society, chiefs were elected by women. The tradition continues today, although women now do much more than manage their gardens and select leaders.
5. The Warm and Enjoyable ClimatePalau is as lovely as its climate, which allows the visitors to take a better look at their majestic land. The lasting climate that can be enjoyed all year will make you enjoy your journey even more. You can get away from the winter and enjoy the average temperature of Palau, offering you a warm and friendly environment. You can do a lot of things under the sun in Palau, and that includes island hopping, trying their different dishes, meeting beautiful people, and many more. Raging storms are rare in the country as it is outside of the typhoon zone.
6. Home to Islands and Marine LifeIsland hopping and seeing the lives of the dwellers are fascinating. Palau is popular when it comes to beautiful islands and marine life. The richness of Marine Life has astonishing different species, over 300 species of coral, nine species of seagrass, and 2,000 species of fish. The sure thing to enjoy the wonders of the water bodies is go and hop to the most amazing islands of Palau.