About Myanmar (Burma)
Found in the Southeast Asian, bordered by India, Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand, Myanmar is one of the top-tourist destination to discover culture, nature, architecture and lifestyle of the Burmese. Much of the country’s culture is influenced by Buddhism evidently seen through their way of living, local traditions, local architecture and food. Burmese are well-known for their optimism and this can be seen by through their attitude in life, beliefs and how they treat other people especially foreign visitors. The country has so much to offer through their festivals, food adventures, local drinks and its wonderful nature. It is best to visit the country during the hot season from march to April to experience nature at its best. If you’re someone who’s looking for a cooler season, then book for the months of November to February. There’s a lot of things to do and discover, you only need to book your flight and be ready for an amazing experience.
The Charm of Myanmar (Burma)
1. Friendly and Joyous Burmese While going around Myanmar, the very welcoming and friendly Burmese will let you feel that you are safe in their country. They are known to be dignified, kind, gentle, compassionate and generous. They’re recognized as “the genuinely happy people in Asia” by the Former President Herbert Hoover. One of the reasons why they’re joyous is because Burmese people are known to be savers. They always think of the future. They save and work hard as long as they can and as long as they are strong and able. They would likely be very much prepared for an event that is not favorable. Aside from these traits, they are also very hospitable. They make sure that every foreign visitor will feel at home and some might even invite you to their house or pay your meals when you get acquainted with them. You just have to enjoy what their country offers.
2. The Beautiful Kasone FestivalThere’s always something wonderful to celebrate in the whole country of Myanmar. As you meet along the friendly Burmese, you might be invited to celebrate with them the Kason Festival. One of the highlight of this activity is the pouring of scented water into the Bodhi Trees under the full moon of Kasone. The reason for the pouring of scented water is to refresh the sacred trees as well as the surroundings. Another highlight of this traditional event is the procession of the Burmese with their finest attire as they carry pots in their heads to offer to the Bodhi tree. There are lots of people and lots of things to discover in this beautiful event.
3. Burmese National CostumeThe Burmese always wears their national costume every single day. It’s comfortable and one of the many ways to show patriotism to their country. Males would often be seen wearing “longyi” and paired with a simple white shirt or Taipon, which looks like a dress for females. For the Burmese women, the thummy is a blouse with varied collars and beautifully paired with a long skirt called Antet Hsin.
4. Tasty Burmese Coconut Dishes to EnjoyA wonderful culinary experiences awaits every traveler in Myanmar as you discover their traditional seafood and vegetable dishes. The country’s coast of tropical beaches is abundant with coconut trees that’s why it’s now wonder that is filled with amazing coconut dishes. One of the must-try dishes is the Ohn no Khao Swe, a noodle chicken soup that is cooked into a creamy coconut milk. This dish is more amazing garnished with boiled egg. If you’re loving coconut more, then you’ll surely enjoy the Coconut and Sugar Cane Juice. It’s a healthy and simple beverage that is just easily found on the streets.
5. The Amazing Benefits of the Traditional Burmese Drink Make sure you take the opportunity to drink traditional Burmese called “Toddy”. Its benefits are just some one of the reasons why visiting Myanmar is a great decision. To start with, this amazing drink is made from palm trees and has two varieties suited for everybody’s choice. The first variety is fermented lightly and the other variation is distilled, which is called the Toddy wine. The fermentation takes a laborious process and every waiting is worth because of its amazing benefits. It’s fresh and healthy. It enhances your overall health. You don’t even need to worry about adding it to your calorie count as this drink is low in calories. You’ll get natural B-vitamins and this traditional Burmese drink would also be a great relief from cold and flu. No wonder it has been the most popular drink in Myanmar.
6. Fun Hot Air Balloon RideFor everyone to view the wonders of Myanmar, take the opportunity to ride a hot air-balloon. You’ll see the top view of the most beautiful Buddhist temples, sacred pagodas, ancient temples and ruins. You’ll feel the cool breeze sweeping through your face as you discover more of Myanmar’s wonderful nature destination. It’s an amazing experience and unforgettable while flying around basking into the wonders of the country. Some questions might be answered as you’re flying and some might make you more curious. Its precious beauty should be discovered and should be made known to the whole world.