Found in the Adriatic Sea, Montenegro is a country filled with promises and beauty. It borders Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina to the north, Servia to the northeast, Kosovo to the east, and Albania to the South. The country is always referred to as “The Black Mountain” because of its high mountains. The country us divided into five regions namely; Bay of Kotor, Bidha Riviera, Central Montenegro, Montenegro South Coast, and North Montenegrin Mountains. The Montenegrins love to party with great music. They are the persons who can be easily spotted because of their times. They’re friendly and welcoming, too. The country boasts its stunning mountain landscapes, beautiful coast lines, natural wonders, and a lot more. It is evidently seen through the way they prepare their traditional dishes and the use of natural resources. You’ll love every outdoor activity in the country and there’s always something to discover and explore!
1. Lively and Joyous Sea Dance FestivalEvery August in Montenegro, the happiest and craziest "Sea Dance Festival" is celebrated. The festival is held in the beautiful cove of Buljaria in Budva and proclaimed as the "Best Medium-Sized European Festival". The perfect location never ceases to amaze every music lover and beach lover. Party goers from around the country and its surrounding countries look forward to this amazing party. The sun-drenched and salt-induced party makes it a perfect place for relaxation. Listen to the world's hottest music star, dance to every music played, and get a chance to know the lovely Montenegrins. Drink cocktails and celebrate good music in a perfect tropical ambiance.
2. A Must in Every Kitchen; Grape VinegarA favorite kitchen staple that you can buy in Montenegro is the Grape Vinegar. It is locally produced all over the country from the sour-grapes. It can make your salads, sauces, and pickles instantly taste better. Grape vinegar is known for their amazing skin benefits that you can use to treat skin problems, too. It is a multi-purpose product for everyone. The grape vinegar can be purchased at local souvenir shops. If you want to see more of grape vinegar, you can visit the rural areas and farm shops for a much cheaper price. You will also get to see more of Montenegro's beauty during the travel.
3. The Beautiful and Friendly MontenegrinsThe people of Montenegro are called Balkans. They are known best for their hospitality thus making the country one of the safest and most comfortable places to visit. They are the persons who stand in the crowd most likely because of their tall height. Most Montenegrins enjoy topics about local and international politics. Once you get acquainted with them, they have a good glimpse of who you are just by knowing your clan. They value their ancestral lineage that's why family is most important for them. As you roam the country and meet the awesome Montegrin, chances are you may be invited to their homes or an event.
4. An Outdoor Activity to Enjoy Around MontenegroThe country has the best bike trails and stunning viewpoints. You will have the chance the see the fantastic coastline of Montenegro while biking. One of the recommendations is that you do a self-guided tour so you will be able to bike at your own pace. Enjoy the magnificent sceneries, take a picture of beautiful landscapes, enjoy the quiet mountain roads, and find time to rest. You will also have the choice of going to the less tourist areas and get to know meet some friendly local people. The recommended places to start is at Kotor, Bjelasica Mountain and the National Park of Montenegro. Mountain biking in Montenegro is one of the must-do activities. Don't leave this beautiful country without doing outdoor activities such as these.
5. Must-Eat Traditional DishesYou will have the chance to eat into a nice traditional Montenegro mountain place with good quality food. The country offers special dishes in meat, seafood, chickens, different local cheese, and a lot more. Every region has its own specialty because of its myriad natural resources. One of the Balkans food to try is steaks, trout fish, and lamb. The prosciutto from Njegusi Village is one of the best dishes to try. It takes one year for the preparation of the thinly sliced pork, which is usually served with the local cheese and bread. Try traditional desserts such as the Baklava and krempita. This will surely boost your energy as you visit across the magnificent beauty of Montenegro.
6. culture in MontenegroWonderful Kapa Hat for Hat-Lovers to make the most of your trip to Montenegro, buy a Kapa hat. The traditional Montenegrin headgear accessory is a symbol of the strength and resilience of the country. The Kapa is cylindrical in shape, having a red upper surface, which symbolizes the bloodshed in the Kosovo Field. The predominantly black color also represents the sign of grief and the golden stripes that symbolize the Serbian authority. You can buy Kapa hats in some of the local souvenir shops. They are many different embroidered designs to choose from. It is one of the unique keepsakes you can buy for your family and friends.