The group of Islands of Maldives lies on the south-Southwest of India. The country comprises of 1,192 coral islands. Its amazing beauty is known all over the world. Its pristine clear water is a home to the world’s most beautiful coral reefs and home to thousands of marine life species. The main economic activity of the country is tourism. It is known as the perfect honeymoon spot and couples from around the world most-sought romantic destination. It is quiet, serene and wonderful adventures are perfect to build memories and talk about future plans. As you go around and enjoy the wonderful sceneries, you will also discover how friendly and welcoming the Maldivians are. They have passion over their craftsmanship and will be delighted to offer you Maldives traditional food. You can never go wrong meeting them and knowing their culture. You’ll surely have a lot of fun under the bright sun with the perfect surroundings of blue waters.
1. The Perfect Honeymoon Destination in the Whole WorldOne of the perfect places in the whole world to celebrate love is in the beautiful islands of Maldives. It’s the number one choice for newly-weds looking for that excellent and unforgettable memory of the start to forever. Couples will be pampered while enjoying a warm Jacuzzi with the best views of the island and nature. The horizon speaks to every couple that an endless love awaits them and they can be rest assured that for every memory created in the island will absolutely be one of the reasons to keep forever. Aside from viewing spectacular islands, they get to experience snorkeling and discover marine life at its utmost beauty. At the end of the day, this romantic adventures are best celebrated with champagne and romantic talks.
2. Beauty of Maldives Through CraftsTake a chance to take home with you the beauty of Maldives through their local handicrafts. It will surely remind you of the beauty of the island. There’s a lot of shopping centers that you can visit. Some of the local craft products are handmade and beautifully crafted into a wonderful art designed to make your home more beautiful. Some of these home decorations are fridge magnets showing the beauty of the Maldives islands. There are also tropical paintings, quirky and artsy momentous like miniature of boats, palm decorations, home décor seashells. Aside from beautifying your home, there’s also some food to purchase like the dried fish chips, canned smoke fish, and different flavors of tea. Make sure you try your best to bargain and leave a smile on your face upon going to the next shop. Have fun and take your time choosing the best souvenier.
3. Delicious Traditional FoodYou’ll have an amazing gastronomic adventure in Maldives by starting off with its traditional food. The Garudhiya or Tuna Soup is one of the favorite amongst the Maldivians and could be your favorite, too. This dish is prepared traditionally by cutting the tuna into medium slices. The gills and innards should be taken away and the remaining parts of the tuna should be carefully washed. Boiled into cups of water with salt and curry leaves with dry chilies for that awesome flavor. The dish is best with steamed rice of Maldivian chapatti. Finish off your meal with a sumptuous desserts called the Aluvi Boakibaa. This is a sweetened cassava cake mixed with some coconut. It’s super tasty and you will surely be wanting for more.
4. Friendly and Lovely MaldiviansThe friendly and welcoming Maldivians are widely influenced by the culture of Sri Lanka and India. Today, practices from Malaysia, Arab, Indonesia, and Africa are evidently seen through their lifestyle and culture. The general population of Maldives are Muslim that’s why in the main island of the country, Male, beautiful mosques are found. While going around in the main island, make sure you wear consecutive clothes especially for women for the reason not to offend the Muslim Community. Maldivians are very welcoming and friendly. They main language is Dhiveni and they can speak English well, too.
5. Bodu Beru Traditional DanceAside from the beautiful islands of Maldives, the Bodu Bera Traditional Dance is worth watching. Bodu Bera was introduced by a group of sailors that came from the Indian Ocean and has since become an integral part of the Maldivian culture. The Bodu Bera Traditional Dance can be seen in some of the resorts of Maldives as form of entertainment for the foreign visitors. The presentation mainly is composed of a large group whereby each is playing a role; playing the drums, dancing and singing. All performances start with a rhythmic drumming and dancing. The music played is accompanied with the sound of bells ringing and the sound of the Maldivian musical instrument called “onugada”. Each song played and danced talks about heroism, patriotism, romance and satire.
6. Lively FestivalsGet to know more of Maldives beauty by attending and witnessing the spectacularly beautiful festivities in the islands. The Eid ul Adha or the Badu Mas is celebrated every July. The weaving of palm fish plays a significant role in the hope that all the fishermen will catch an abundance of big fish. The Independence Day of Maldives should not be missed on the month of July. Lively parades, cultural performances and processions are one of the highlight of the event. Every Maldivians celebrate their freedom by gathering around and taking time to join the different activities prepared by the local government. There’s always something to do in Maldives.