About Batu Ferringhi
Batu Ferringhi is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in the State of Penang, Malaysia. It's the second most popular tourist spot in the State, next to the famous historical city of Georgetown. Batu Ferringhi is a paradise city that is widely known for its beach locations, which is among the most beautiful in the world. The exploration of the area began way back in 1592, but it wasn't really developed until the 1970s, when people saw the potential of the area to become big in the tourism industry. During the urbanization of Batu Ferringhi, many buildings, hotels, restaurants, and other leisure establishments were built to accommodate and give enjoyment to tourists flocking the area. Whatever you may be looking to experience in Batu Ferringhi, it's almost certain that they have the activities for you and your family and friends to enjoy.
The Charm of Batu Ferringhi
1. Beach Destination The entire stretch of Batu Ferringhi consists of a white sandy beach. It is where both locals and tourists who visit Malaysia go to enjoy a nice sunny day outdoors. Batu Ferringhi is famous for the beauty of its beach, with glistening white sand and clear blue waters. There are a lot of water sports activities to try out in the beach as well, such as jet-skiing, parasailing, windsurfing, and a lot more. Many adventure-seekers flock to this area of Penang for a day of fun-filled adventures. Around the location of the beach, there are various accommodation and dining establishments. It's the perfect place for a weekend getaway with lots of activities and places to enjoy.
2. Batu Ferringhi Night Market Batu Ferringhi is famous not only for its beautiful beaches, but also because of the night market. Many people flock the night market to get their hands on merchandise and goods. For locals, this is where they get the best deals for their daily housing and personal necessities. For tourists, on the other hand, the night market is a place to get valuable souvenirs at extremely low prices. Several antiques, products, delicacies, and more that proudly originate from Malaysia are also sold at the night market stalls. There are many hand-crafted materials that truly represent the culture and tradition of the State of Penang. It definitely has to be on the checklist when you visit Batu Ferringhi.
3. Origin of the name "Batu Ferringhi" "Batu" is a Malay word that means rock. This is owing to the rocky shoreline that surrounds the beach in the area. The name Batu Ferringhi means the "place where Westerner's had come ashore." This originates from how the place was discovered, when a Westerner came ashore on the area of Batu Ferringhi. Other people would call the area Paringgi Malai, which means "foreigner's hill." And true to its name, many foreigners indeed have come to visit Batu Feringghi, both for leisure and permanent residence. This is because of the beauty of its shorelines, the attractive white sand, the rich natural resources, and clear blue waters. Batu Ferringhi is simply irresistible, and many have come and go to experience its wonders.
Batu Ferringhi Tourist Spots
1. Wet World Wild There's no better place to really experience what Batu Ferringhi is about than in Wet World Wild! This attraction is Penang's newest water theme park. Wet World Wild comprises an area on the beach with 10 giant inflatable rafts floating on the waters. It's quite a fun activity as you can slip, slide, jump, climb, and more! It's like doing outside sports like rock climbing, trampoline jumping, etc. But it's way more fun because you get to do it on water! Both kids and adults enjoy the amenities of Wet World Wild, and it's definitely one of the most enjoyable things to do in the beach of Batu Ferringhi.
2. Penang Batik Factory The beautiful beach is not the only attraction in Batu Ferringhi. There are also a lot of places where tourists can experience the culture of the place, and really immerse in the local practices. One of such places is the Penang Batik Factory, which gives honor to the cultural practice of batik manufacturing. It was established a long time ago in the year 1973, and up to now is still a famous industry in Penang. The factory showcases batik art in all its forms, which is a traditional form of art expression in Malaysia. The art gallery is a wonderful sight displaying all the local creations. There is also a workshop where one can see locals making batik art live in action. It's a place to really experience the culture of Batu Ferringhi, and appreciate the art form that has been highly recognized in Penang.
3. Penang Butterfly Farm One of the most famous tourist attractions and gems of Penang is housed in Batu Ferringhi - the Penang Butterfly Farm. The sanctuary is known as a "butterfly haven" having more than 4,000 species of butterflies. It's truly a wonder to see the beauty of colors of these species, and experience them at their natural habitat. Not only is the Penang Butterfly Farm a renowned tourist destination, but it has also made a name for itself in its specific industry. It has been regarded with a significant international reputation and a living museum for their collection of exotic butterfly species.