An Arab country with western influences is found in the Middle East of southwestern Asia. Jordan shares its borders with Israel, Syria, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. A flat desert plateau that stretches across the land paved way for the establishment of the temples of the ancient civilization and impressive ruins that captures the heart and answers the curious mind of its travelers. Its panoramic and well-preserved structures are perfect as a resting place and as an escape to the bustles of modern life. Going around the country will let you discover treasures and gain you an understanding of the country’s culture and laid back lifestyle. Jordanians take pride in their beautiful landscapes, olives, and their authentic mud bath for everyone who is looking for a new experience and new healthier choices. The friendly and welcoming Jordanians will show you how to have that perfect time in their country and will not disappoint you.
1. The Best Hiking ExperienceDiscover the beauty of Jordan through their famous trails that absolutely challenges experienced hikers. The rolling lush green hills will welcome you as oak trees accompany every hiker to experience the beautiful landscapes of the country such as fertile farmlands and valleys, ancient palaces, abandoned crusaders and striking deserts. Plan well for water and wear good hiking comfortable shoes as you marvel the hidden gems of Jordan. Bring an experienced hiker friend to unveil the glorious beauty of the country. It’s best to contact the local tourism authorities for the best hiking experience and one of the must-do in Jordan.
2. Hospitable JordaniansThe Jordanians culture is based on Arabs with Western influences as evidently shown in their pop-culture, clubbing and partying and widely English spoken language in the country. As you roam around the country, the Jordanians will happily greet you “Ahlan Wa Sahlan”, which means “Welcome” and “Hello”. The phrase is usually hung on the front door of the Jordanians to welcome its guests and visitors. They are so hospitable that they make sure you get the best coffee or best food in town by simply making sure that what they serve to you is at the right temperature and one of the tastiest dishes. Simply awesome!
3. Impressive and Must-See RuinsOne of the must-sees in the country is to visit its ancient civilization ruins. These impressive spectacular ruins are built by the Arabian nomads from the Negev Desert. According to studies, it was built so that the sun would illuminate sacred places. Every visitor will have the opportunity to admire and be fascinated with the numerous rock structures of beautiful monuments, temples, and sanctified tombs in Jordan. It’s one of the famous special places in the whole world to give light to the creativity of ancient civilization. The history itself is worth discovering the same as the impressive carved outs that have been linked to the wonders of the universe. Try going at night for more surprises and magical lovely views.
4. Precious Olive Oil HarvestingBe part of the olive harvest in one of the world’s top-10 best producers of olive oil. Olive harvesting has become an integral part of the Jordanian culture and economy. It happens during the autumn season from the months of October to December. The wonderful olive oil harvesting will teach you the many uses of olive oil not just for cooking, but also for adventure eating. You will not regret this wonderful experience. It’s fun and satisfying that even children would love the picking of olives and it would be an unforgettable memory both for the parents and kids. This is also a time to interact with the Jordanians while enjoying the pressing of the oil. Don’t forget your bottle as surely you will have the best olive oil only in Jordan.
5. Healthy Mud BathWe all want to be younger and stronger just like our old days. In Jordan, you will have the chance to feel renewed and younger. The healing properties of plunging into the mud and the saltwater will help you alleviate your ailments. Cover your whole body with mud while taking advantage of the lovely sceneries and have both of best worlds. The longer you remain the applied mud in your body, its amazing benefits are fully enhanced. Thus, making you feel healthier each time. Feel fully invigorated and relax on the lowest point on earth and enjoy a natural spa treatment that can only be found in Jordan.
6. Jordanian KeffiyehOne of the must-buys in the country is the Jordanian Keffiyeh. For the Jordanians, it is a symbol of honor and tribal identification. Nowadays, these fashionable square scarf is used as protection from the heat of the sun, dust, and sand. The practical use of the keffiyeh became a popular fashion accessory in the other parts of the world. In purchasing an authentic Keffiyeh, it is recommended to check the edgings and ask local guides to help you purchase the best quality. The most common colors are the red and white used by the Bedouins and the black and white for Palestine. A variety of colors and designed are now available at souveniers centers in Jordan.