Prefecture Saitama is located near by the Greater Tokyo Area in Kanto Region, always being told by just the south part of Tokyo. However, comparing with the metropoitan Tokyo, Saitama always described as the suburbs of Tokyo with 7,261,000 population. Although the people of Saitama is quite large number as well as the residence butit is not a new fenomenone that mostly the people here commute each day. Historically, after World War II, when Tokyo rapidly expanded the newcomer of Tokyo also increased. So, the lack of land, Tokyo, led its development to Saitama for residence. This is the reason why most of the cities in Saitama prefecture closely connected to Tokyo as residence and suburb of Tokyo. Saitama devided into western mountain area and eastern lowland area. It has well known with seven time in rown for 10 years with highest number of sunny days. Living as the overshadowed prefecture that as place considered cool and uncool like New York City and New Jersey or Tokyo and Saitama won’t make this city down because it is not the truth. How about you who become the witness of its greatness?
1. The Overshadowed Nature BeautyPrefecture Saitama often get bad reputation for its bland residential areas housing of Tokyo commuters but if we take a look pass of its reputation, it actually has a good nature to see. For examples, it has a fantastic colorful landscapes, spritual sites, and town that keep the Edo charm. Different with Tokyo, in Summer many people from Tokyo come to Saitama hills to enjoy the flourishing nature and for fresh air. Along with Nagaroto river, there is tree line view while you enjoying the river coolness by toes. On the other hand, by the mountain area there is the forests with varieties of Flora and Fauna spread across Chichibu Tama Kai National Park. When Spring come, the cherry blossom beauty also the charm of this prefecture, because it has a vas lawn of moss covers the park in magnificent pinks in Hitsujiyama Park.
2. The major of Japanese Basic Taste Ingredients Like others area in Japan, Saitama also full of many traditional foods that has been fostered with the nature. The speciality of Saitama is in seasoning or any basic Ingredients for seasoning in Japan’s food, they are Soybeans, Rice, and Wheat. From these 3 basics are born Shoyu, Miso, fermented foods like Pickels, Sake, and many Sweets which is all of them are the Japanese favorites things their table. Saitama has many Shoyu brewing in some place, so it is unquestionable for its quality. As for Sake, Saitama has 35 brewers! For its brewers, the most important element is water. It even open the Sake Brewing School for coaching to young technicians working at brewing companies. Another famous for Saitama is its senbei. Saitama is where the senbei was born, specifically in Yamako Senbei Factory, Soka City. You can come to its factory and having a tour in it.
3. Romance between Football and SaitamaWhat was happening between Saitama and Football? In 1960, Saitama City Omiya Park Football Stadium was constructed. This is the first dedicated football stadium in Japan. This football stadium ever used for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics for football venue. In 2002, FIFA world cup also played in here also. Although football is the most favorite sport in the world but in Saitama it just the beginning, precisely since 2003 the Saitama Prefectural International Junior Football Championship has been held. Saitama Prefecture become a “Football kingdom”. In here, many children like playing football. Boys’ dream is to wear the uniform of “Samurai Blue” (Japan’s football men team) and girls’ dream is to become a “Nadeshiko Japan” (Japan’s football female team) member and to play in Saitama Stadium in the future. There are many students, business men’s and also even senior generation teams, totaling 1,691 teams and 60,574 people registered as players who enjoy kicking a ball. This number is the second among Japan prefectures.
Saitama Tourist Spots
1. Nagatoro Iwadatami RocksNagatoro Iwadatami, located in Chichibu literally the meaning of the name is “rock tatami” because when see it from above, they really look as someone has laid tatami. It is formed by the beautiful gorge along the Arakawa River. It is really near by the Nagatoro Station. The flat rock layers make natural paths and steps, it is a Natural Park of Saitama. If you are feeling more adventurous, you can ride one of the wooden boats through the river rapids. Nagatoro is often called the ”window to the earth” as you can observe the earth's crust from above the ground. Many scientists from all over Japan visit this area. Nagatoro has different face charm for each season. During the Spring, it is covered by moss phlox, when Summer it is having a River Cruise, when Autumn you can enjoy the Autumn leaves, and in the Winter there are the illuminati of icicles. One thing that you lucky if you go to Chichibu region when winter time is normally icicles always covered with snow and can not be seen, but in Chichibu, even though here is severed by coldness but it is less likely snow in Chichibu, so you can enjoy the natural art.
2. Edo KawagoeKawagoe City often being called Little Edo because of the cityscape, traditional manner, and cultural still remain here until today. In this city, you can back in Edo period and will many oldies of Japan by walking in the city wearing Japanese traditional cloth. You can see the Kawagoe Toki no Kane, the Time Bell Tower from Edo period. Unique history behind the built of these bell is during that time, the lord of the Kawagoe Castle was very strict with time management and built the Toki no Kane to help the Kawagoe citizens keep track of time. There is also the temple, the garden, and the castle as well. Take a note also to taste the food in here while enjoying walk on the street around especially the sweet potato and unagi
3. Saitama Museum of Natural HistoryThese museum exhibits many precious fossils of prehistoric life of Saitama with a large diorama replicated the forest of Saitama and taxidermy creature that can be touched because created without using dangerous chemicals. In this museum, you can learn 300 million years of natural history of this prefecture. Among them, the fossil of a mysterious sea monster, Paleoparadoxia, designated as a National Nature Treasure in 2016 and the world's largest model of a giant shark, Carcharodon megalodon, are the top recommendations. On the second floor, different themed exhibitions are held every several months. Even outside the museum is blessed by the natural grown maple trees that mystically lit up at night in Autumn, such a beautiful connection between the natural mystery and the natural museum itself.