As a prefecture, Osaka is the smallest in Japan, but as area, it is the second Japan’s largest metropolitan area after Tokyo (economic powerhouse of Kansai Region). Osaka is central city of West Japan with population of 8.82 million people and once well known for the large textile industry, but emphasis has shifted to heavy industry. Osaka main industries also include machinery, electric machinery, iron and steel, metal fabrication, textiles, chemicals, and pulp and paper; food processing and printing and publishing are also important. Osaka surrounded by 3 mountains and the west side area faces Osaka bay. The climate here is generally mild which the differentiate of each season becoming more clear. Bay area here well known as Tempozan. In this bay area, there are a lot of place that interesting to be visited by tourists. For example, Universal Studio Osaka, Big Aquarium, Big Tempozan Ferris wheel in the bay that is really famous for dating spot, there are also many restaurants and cafes.
1. Happy people to be withOsaka’s people well known as attractive, outgoing, and fun loving people. Mostly comedian in Japan come from Osaka, due to their humor, aggressiveness, love to joke around, not being shy, and always filled laugh. If we take a look from its history, there are many mercantile class in Kansai area from Edo era. In order to sell products, they need to attract people and talk whoever passed the shop among many competitors that sold similar products. That’s being the reason for them to continuously gain people’s attention. Being one of the golden route, Osaka’s people used to with foreign people. So tourist from overseas will be more comfortable having a tour in Osaka, moreover with the friendliness of the people. Osaka people also love to eat and drink, it might because of their fun-loving nature, once you know Osaka people there is a big chance that you will be dragged to eat and drink as well. Not a bad experience, right?
2. Historical combine with Futuristic AssetsOsaka is Japan’s oldest capital, where historical inheritances are most left for a long time. He strategic part of Osaka like the traffic of the seas at old time being the center of economic culture. It’s not a surprise most of Osaka people since old time was a mercantile. Aside of its political and economic historical, tradition historical also being left a lot, such as castle, temples, shrines, upward culture, or art tradition activities like Kabuki, Bunraku, and many others can be still easily found in Osaka. However, aside of its culture, Osaka is not really one for the historian, focusing more on its shopping and futuristic side. Osaka at the first glance seem being more business with busy area everywhere. There are a lot of shopping places, hotels, and restaurants being found, the downtown area is lines by the commercial facilities and high rise building, also the rapid transportations.
3. KuidaoreThe cuisine is what bring many culinary travelers to Osaka. The people of Osaka are notorious for their obsession with eating and drinking, which has given rise to the local expression, kuidaore (“to ruin yourself through extravagance in food”). Historically, Osaka being center of business that rice and special product gathered from all over Japan, well known called as “Kitchen of the world”. Most of Japanese dishes and culture spread out to whole country coming from here, such Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki. That is why, Osaka is loved by tourist local and overseas for its foods. You can found many kinds and super delicious foods here, even it is restaurant, café, or just streets food will never fail the tourist who coming here.
Osaka Tourist Spots
1. Kids PlazaIf you happen to bring your kids for vacation in Osaka, it is good to bring them to the Kid Plaza Osaka. Basically it is a museum for children built in 1997, but this museum is completed with educative play area. Every year it is visited by 400,000 visitors and become one of favorite place for holiday. Kid Plaza Osaka offers happiness in study and solving the problem independently. This museum give so many choice in learning while playing, for example introduction for Mechanics like incline plane, wheel rotate, action-reaction principal in Ball Circus area, there is also artc activities such as how to make greeting cards, origami, coloring, drawing, and also clay. Aside of it, introduction to environment alsong being offered here, such as traffics, tranportations, offices, as well as how to interact in different place with different people also. After environment, knowin nature and culture is can’t be forgetting of, children need to know nature and culture they growing with. This lesson will make them not forget their roots. Vacation with knowledge is precious for the kids.
2. Last SamuraiNo, it is not a movie. Last Samurai is a place that offers the visitors to wear samurai costumes as well as learn the lesson of being a samurai using code of Bushido. The lesson is including etiquette, fighting technique, slashing thing using real Katana (Japanese sword), and other fun activities. In Last Samurai, you will start with changing costume into samurai costume with explanation in changing room or you can also ask the employees there. Don’t worry about the language, it is explained in Chinese, English, Korean, the teacher’s English level are fluent. Next learn the Bushido code, then you will learn how to handle the sword then cutting the Goza. After cutting something, next time to calm your spirit by Zen training. Last but not least is taking photo. No holidays without photo, right? Not only by yourself but the employees also shoot many photos and a video of you cutting the Goza. The photos and video will be edited into short movie and sent by email to you, NICE!
3. Cup Nnoodles Museum Osaka IkedaDo you know that the first instant noodle in the world was made in Osaka? Yes it is true. The inventor of instant noodle that we know now was made it in Osaka, at his house, he is Momofuku Ando. His product Chikin Ramen born in Osaka and after that Cup Noodle was born and well know all over the world. In this museum, you can learn the history of all these and also make your own creation of cup noodle. However, since it is always crowded, it is need to do reservation first.