Chiba prefecture is located in the southeastern part of Kanto region, crisscrossed by rivers, surrounded by the sea and blessed with rich natural resources, including the water and forests. Topographically, Chiba is made up of the Hills named Boso, a chain of hills 200 to 300 m in height, and the relatively flat Shimousa plateau, Tone River basin, and plains along the Kujukuri coast. It has a warm oceanic climate that is mild in winter and relatively cool in summer, it is really a nice climate to enjoy all year. The population number in Chiba is 979,768 and economically mostly in both fishery and stock-breeding industries. It is ranked as top class in Japan for volume and quality and furthermore as for the economical income field is the only in all over Japan to enter the top 10 in all kind of fields with high-ranked position for fishery industry, manufacturing industry, trade and gross prefectural domestic production.
1. two worlds in ChibaVacation in Chiba, you can feel two different worlds to enjoy. The northern area of Chiba is full of variety of modern attractions such as large scale of shopping malls where you can meet every high-end trends there, world scale famous theme parks, parks, and not to forget the Narita International airport. Aside modern, there are also the historical attraction such as traditional townscapes that preserve the old atmosphere, temples, and museums. Contradicting with the northern, in the southern area bless with natures, full of leisure facilities, scenic resort destination while enjoying the mild climates here. Since the theme is nature and leisure attraction, such as aquariums, farms, beaches and marine activities, you can see also the fishing village, woodlands, and other natural charms.
2. SportmanshipAs we know about the next Olympic and Paralympic will held in Chiba, Japan. Actually, this info is not really a surprise, since Chiba aspires to be a sport mecca and promote lifelong sports, establishes sports environments, and vitalizes its communities through sports. These activities have made Chiba a community where all residents can easily pursue sports. Many Japanese athletes participating in international competitions are from Chiba. As a host of International events is unquestionable, aside of Chiba in Kanto region which known as most foreigner to live and works, Chiba also has a long reputation in hosting for International sports and training camps as well. By this experiments ad of course its lifelong sport value in its locals, Chiba has received high praise for its warm hospitality and well-developed facilities for it.
3. Tokyo's KitchenIf Osaka known as the Kitchen of Japan, Chiba known as the Pantry of Tokyo. Although it’s not really a clear reason, but maybe it because if you come to Japan Internationally and want to visit Tokyo specifically you will pass Chiba first because Narita Airport is in Chiba. That is why you will taste Chiba first before Tokyo. Chiba has a mild climate make this area has one of the best grade for the sea and its products such as lobster, seaweed, sardine, and fishery. Its local gourmet dishes are full of charms and also have very well reputation for example the Ramen and Curry using ingredients from this prefecture. Kaisendon (seafood rice ball) using fresh marine products right after they were caught, super fresh.It is also known as the soy sauce brand and its production volume is top class in Japan.
Chiba Tourist Spots
1. Chiba Zoological ParkWhat make Zoological Park in Chiba is different and unique? It is its most iconiq stars, the red pandas! There seven zones in this Zoo. First, start from the hall where features tropical animal and birds and there is the lazy and super duper slow motion creatures, Sloth! Next, Small Animal Zone where you can meet this hot stars Red Panda Futa, Chichi, Meimei, Meita, Kuta, Mai, Mii, and Genta, these start actually had been well known all over Japan. Next is Steppe Zone where elephants, giraffes, zebras, and other herbivores gather here. Next, there is Children’s Zoo where designed to contact closely with the wildlife, you can pet the goat, sheep, horse, capybara, it is really good for children to gain caring and loving manner to animals. Next, there is Monkey Zoo, Ancestors of Domestic Animals Zone, and Avian and Aquatic Zone. Just like the name, these three zone where you can meet Monkeys, Bison, Reindeer, Sea Lion in the aquatic glass. Usually the reindeer is the main attraction in December for the them Santa coming to town.
2. Boso no MuraIt is actually an open air museum, an unusual museum we could meet while other under the roof, this museum we could experience everything in first hand. Boso no mura or Boso village is actually the old name of the area that currently become Chiba prefecture, in this museum there are merchant house, workshops, farms, and many others. In this open air museum you can also participate in any craft workshop they provide, such as papermakeing, tea ceremony, bamboo craftmaking, etc. aside of its old architecture and environments, there is also some ancient artifacts that displayed at Fudoki no oka shiryokan, the archaeology museum nearby. For foreign tourist, this experience can be a unforgettable memories to make, because you are not only learning the culture but exactly experience the culture itself.
3. Sakura TulipIf we heard about tulip, all we know is only Netherlands, but if you are happen to be in Chiba you can enjoy the colourful tulip here. Sakura tulip (in Sakura City) is the largest tulip garden in Kanto, there are about 100 kinds of 720,000 color against a backdrop of Netherlands windmill, so gorgeous. You can also rent in Dutch cloths and sure the area is a photogenic scenic. So sakura is not only you are waiting for in spring, the charming colorful tulip do called Sakura Tulip Fiesta. Not far from the garden, there is also a lake that you can go for cruising too.