Try one of Japan's popular destinations that have been lived for people's memory because of its flawless and timeless beauty, the Aomori, a capital city of Aomori Prefecture that can be found in the northernmost part of Japan's main island of Honshu. If you want something new and a place brimming with relaxing nature, then Aomori would be perfect for you. The city is now calling you with its varying beautiful features that will make you fall in love over and over. If you want to escape with your busy life, hold a pen and write Aomori on your bucket list to add it to your next destination, it would be one of your favorite places in the world for sure. There's more to Japan than its improved technologies and new inventories because if you delve into the different prefectures like Aomori, you will unravel fascinating things that you've never seen in your entire life.
1. The Snowiest City in the WorldDo you love snow? Have you ever been into a place embraced by white and cold cute snows? If not, then Aomori is waiting for you. The city is known as the snowiest city globally, and with that title, you can imagine how the city can be frigid during the winter season. The captivating city invites everyone to visit it and enjoy one of a kind experience. The town experiences lots of snow due to chilly Siberian winds that sweep into Japan from the northwest every November. During the winter season, there are actually lots of things that you can enjoy. When the city gets deeply covered by snow, the surrounding becomes white, and all you can do is want what indoor activities can be like in Aomori.
2. Boasting Relaxing Traditional OnsenThe city has been blessed with many odd yet exciting things that would make anyone's stay as wonderful and memorable. Because of Japan's local climate, it is no doubt that tourists would look for something that would keep them warm significantly during the winter season. Usually, people would go to hot springs or known as Onsen in Japan. Like any other city, Aomori is also blessed with Onsen, and your soaking experience will be extraordinary because the city offers you a traditional Onsen. One way to let you see the beautiful and proud traditions of Japan.
3. Vibrant Aomori Nebuta FestivalAomori screams the country's traditions and culture, and you will be able to witness a vibrant festival where you can see how they proudly present their culture, the Aomori Nebuta Festival that reflects the city's history too. The Aomori Nebuta Festival is a Japanese fire festival held annually between August 2nd and 7th in Aomori. It highlights gigantic floats and the Yamagata Hanagasa Festival, which has a spectacular parade of about 10,000 dancers. Many people visit the grand festival and if you dwell in August, have the opportunity to immerse yourself and enjoy the festival with the locals.
Aomori Tourist Spots
1. Home to Seasonal Landscapes at Oirase GorgeThe city's romantic scenery will bring you on top of the world because you will never see a paradise-like Aomori. What's nice about rural areas in Japan is that it might take you away from the bustling city, but it will make you close to nature and will make you appreciate how abundant the country's nature could get. Suppose you think you already see the prettiest land in Japan. In that case, you might be wondering while you've never been to Aomori and might change your mind later on that there are still lots of magnifying landscapes in the world that only you can unfold when you give yourself a break and give yourself a chance to enjoy a real nature.
2. Be Apple Blessed at Onsen Hotel Apple LandApples are everyone's favorite, and your heart will be overwhelmed with happiness once you visit Aomori because it is known for its thriving agricultural area where apples are abundant and will satisfy your eyes. Aomori is renowned for producing the most apples in all of Japan; about half the country's apples are made there; because of that, you will have the chance to eat fresh and tasty apples literally everywhere. The delicious apple would make your stay unforgettable. Everything in your surroundings lights up with just a bite will tell you that Aomori is indeed an apple area.
3. Experience Living Like the Locals in Tatehana Wharf Morning MarketOne of the most heartwarming experiences in Japan's rural areas like Aomori Prefecture is that you'll have the chance to witness what the locals do in their daily lives. It is as if you are one of them and living the way they do. You will never regret stepping a foot in the city once you experience their generous hospitality. You will not just have the chance of face to face interaction because you will be able to taste the foods made by the locals. Some eateries serve local foods made by the locals to make you feel at home and very welcome to the place. It would be as if you are now one of them by tasting some local food—such an excellent encounter with the locals.