The world’s largest island country found in Southeast Asia is the Republic of Indonesia and the world’s most populous country with its major inhabitants are the Muslims. The months of May to October are the best months to visit the tropical country. Its mountainous character and unique wildlife support a high level of biodiversity and its idyllic beaches and large coastal make it the top destination for all sorts of water activities. The rich culture is evidently seen through their love for nature and through their traditional national costumes. The Indonesians proudly wear this cultural heritage and inspire the whole world elegance to sophistication. Shopping, relaxation, food tripping, discoveries, and explorations of diversity are a must because of its affordability without compromising the quality. Experience Indonesia to its fullest and never say no to a once in a lifetime opportunity. There’s a lot to do, a lot to discover and a lot to share. It’s easy to fall in love with the country’s beauty.
1. Special Corpse FlowerFlowers teach us to wait for the perfect time to bloom and have patience in everything that’s what the corpse flower of Indonesia would likely tell us, too. Endemic to the lush forests of Indonesia, the corpse flower or Bunga Bangkai in the Indonesian language, blooms once in every 10 years for one to three days only so it’s a must to visit and take the chance to see this once in a lifetime opportunity. The magnificent flower blooms at its fullest height reaching more than 3 feet in height. Its foul odor is likened to the smell of a rotting corpse that can be smelled as far as a kilometer away. Despite its foul odor, it is one of the must-see nature creations that can only be found in Indonesia. Be sure not to miss this experience and you might get a little lucky to witness the rare sight of the fully bloomed corpse flower.
2. Beautiful ArchipelagoLying across the Equator, the group of islands of Indonesia is the world’s second-longest coastline in the whole world. It guarantees every one of its unlimited charms. The Indonesian Archipelago serves as the gateway of Asia to the Pacific. The country quietly boasts its beautiful ocean and its natural beauty becoming world-renowned snorkeling and a surfers’ destination. The white sandy beaches and the laid back environment full of natural wonders offer the whole world a fabulous chill place and vibrant nightlife completing the best holiday destination with your friends or just getting acquainted with the locals. If you’re looking to escape the city life, try lake houses, peaceful rice fields, and glamorous camping site. It’s the best place to read, sleep with nature and purely relax.
3. Elegant DressElegance is at its finest when you see the national attire of Indonesia. Its intricate designs have been an expression of their wonderful cultural heritage. A dyeing technique called “batik” had made most of the Indonesian artisans to showcase their talent through the different patterns and combinations of colors. This is proudly worn by the Indonesians during special occasions and during workdays as required. Women’s national costume called the “Kebaya” is from the Javanese, Sundanese, and Balinese. It’s a traditional long-sleeved blouse-dress made from silk, nylon, polyester or thin cotton. The Indonesians beautify this with brocade, embroideries and elegant pieces of jewelry. You would surely want to have these pieces of clothing be part of your wardrobe as most world-renowned fashion designers are totally inspired by these elegant pieces.
4. Magnificient Komodo DragonIts natural wonders captured the hearts of many the same as the largest species of lizard in the whole world. Its maximum length of 3 meters scares most of the birds and other mammals for its carnivorous diet. These Komodo dragons generally avoid human encounters just don’t go near them anywhere from a distance of 100 meters. The increasing number of curious tourists visitors cannot be hindered. In order to preserve and protect the Komodo dragon habitat, the local government of Indonesia has set up measures and environment policies to avoid threatening the lives of the Komodo dragons. The fact that these reptiles are found only in Indonesia, it is evident that this country never ceases to amaze humans as well as wildlife.
5. Best Hiking ExperienceGetting excited for a hike up in the tallest mountains of Indonesia or volcanoes is a surreal experience for all; from new hikers to the professional hikers. The country’s beautiful landscapes, glimmering sunrise, quiet and the serenity of the natural wonders will give you the best feeling while hiking up the well-established trails. The hike can be sometimes challenging or effortless, but you wouldn’t mind it at all because you know for sure you’re heading for the panoramic and spectacular views. All you need is enjoy every climb up, stop when you feel like you need to take a photo, take the opportunity to explore and discover Indonesia at its fullest.
6. Best Indonesian DishMost of us ignore or avoid carbohydrates like rice. In Indonesia, it’s a shame not to try their famous specialty Nasi Goreng. Fried rice combined with pieces of meat, egg, vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce. To make it tastier, chili peppers are a must combined with fresh onions, fried shallots topped with the Indonesian shrimp paste. This is the number one ultimate comfort food for all spicy lovers out there. A sure delight to everyone’s senses. Another choice for energy-giving nutrients called the Nasi Uduk cooked in Betawi style by steaming rice in the creamy coconut milk. The appetizing aroma of the mixture of lemongrass, cloves, pandan, and cinnamon. Make sure to try very all these specialties to make your Indonesian trip unforgettable.