The French-speaking inhabitants of Guinea are warm and friendly people, who mostly live in the regions of Maritime Guinea, Mid-Guinea, Upper-Guinea, and Forested Guinea. The capital and largest city, Conakry, is found on Tombo Island and the Camayenne Peninsula. It is the center of economy, education, culture, and tourism. Guinea is spectacularly blessed with scenic landscapes, an abundance of lush greens and cultivated valleys that will surely meet every traveler’s expectation. Its impressive waterfalls give light and energy as well as making the country recognized as one of the top tourist destinations for exploration and for new discoveries. The country people are remarkable for loving their surroundings and abundant natural resources. They promote ecotourism through the songs that have been created over the past years in inheritance from their cultural traditions. Guinea is every traveler’s dream to give light to curiosity and prove that there is more than just a country, but a nation full of love and friendly people.
1. Spectacular WaterfallsGuinea’s spectacular waterfalls are a must-see and experience! The cascading waterfalls of Guinea are surrounded by lush mountains and beautiful captivating rainforest. Its natural beauty encourages everyone to take a deep plunge into the cold clear waters to feel refresh and boosts endorphins and body circulation. Positive energy will radiate through your body and mind as you climb the falls and view the marvelous creations. These beautiful cascading waterfalls are very valuable to the communities of Guinea as it provides a source of sustainable energy and produces a lot of benefits to the country like providing back up power to cover electric disruptions.
2. Points to Remember These are some points to remember while heading to the lovely country of Guinea. The country mostly enjoys tropical weather and most of the inhabitants wear loose and conservative clothes. For women, it is advisable to cover thighs and choose to wear loose and long skirts or dresses rather than tight revealing clothes as much as possible. This is in respect to the mostly Muslim inhabitants of Guinea. If you happen to hear the word “comrade”, it’s a warm and friendly greeting of the locals to show equality amongst them. Of course, photos help us to remember the feeling we have right at that moment so for saving precious memories of Guinea, also keep in mind to avoid taking photos of the military bases and such as this is considered illegal. Also, remember to always make transactions with your right hand only.
3. Lively Macao Arts FestivalAre you also in search of the drumming monkey just like the hunter in one of the famous legends of Guinea? You can easily spot this cute monkey in the much-awaited “Macao Art Festival”. This festival aims to preserve the Guineans traditional beliefs. It proudly shows to the local and foreign visitors the beauty of circus that encourages creativity and to reflect the culture of Guinea. You will witness the heart-throbbing moves of the aerial acrobats, clever and professional jugglers and dance merrily to the lively music and dance of Guinea. This is an opportunity to meet the fun-loving Guineans as they proudly show who they are.
4. Authentic Dishes of GuineaGuinea brings new flavors to the whole world with its delicious and nutritious food. It’s always fun trying something new and discover more about the culture of a country through its dishes. The savory Guinean style rice with sauce is mostly served in the country. It’s one of the must-try dishes packed with carbohydrates for boosting energy as you go around the country. A homemade nutritious sauce made from groundnuts, okra, and tomatoes. This is often paired with beef or fish only. The beef in Guinea is often highly recommended by travelers due to its delicious taste. Also, since Guinea is a predominantly Islamic country, pork is strictly prohibited. On the roadsides, you can easily spot fruits like pineapple, mango, oranges, banana. These fruits are abundant and inexpensive in Guinea.
5. Beat to the Music of GuineaListening to the lively music of Guinea is one of the best ways to learn more about the history and culture of the country. The vibrant reggae and hip-hop scenes are often played as you go around and hang out in bars and restaurants. The happy musical scene of hip-hop from hard, slow and underground are presented live to inspire young ambitious rappers. This is also to showcase the country’s talents through the rhythmic and rhyming speech of real Guinean music transforming words into a fabulous art that captured the hearts of music lovers from all over the world. The world-renowned Guinean artists are among the favorites of the whole world because of its powerful artistic heritage and to sustain the traditional culture of the country.
6. Plan Ahead to Wonderfully RelaxIf you’re looking for a breather, Guinea has the best place to hang out. Its marvelous beautiful mountains will give you the best hiking experience as you feel the cool breeze upon your face while climbing the top! After a great climb, you will have more energy to experience and explore the clean and clear waters of the beautiful beaches. Swimming and relaxing are some of the top activities you will do here. Relaxing and lying on the sandy beaches listening to the rhythmic reggae songs while viewing the clear blue skies will give you time to reflect the wonderful creations our creator has given us. Enjoy the quiet superb beach life at its fullest only in Guinea!