The warm climate all year round of Grenada will give you a journey that will last a lifetime specifically in the West Indies of the Carribean Sea and in the southern end of the Grenadines island chain. The reason for the enticing aroma of the country is due to the production of the nutmeg and mace crops making them one of the world’s top exporter and thus famously called the “Island of Spice” and “The Space of the Carribean”. The islands will surely awe you with its beautiful beach resorts and water sports activities that will surely give delight to everyone in the family. The tri-island nation is full of discoveries and explorations and it will instantly open your eyes to the real wonders of the world. The warm and hospitable Granadans will inspire you to live life in the simplest ways with the country’s abundant resources and welcome a smile to every opportunity of your life.
1. Spice Up with NutmegThe Grenada Flag features a clove of nutmeg due to its importance to the economy of Grenada. Nutmeg is famously known as “Grenada’s Gold” as it one of the principal crops of Grenada. The nutmeg’s fresh, warm spicy aroma and the musky scent is an essential culinary element of Grenada cuisine. The seed of nutmeg is widely used in different areas of Grenada’s gastronomy such as in the baking industry, it is used to flavor cakes, pudding, and custards. It is also an essential flavoring to lamb and meat stews in achieving the perfect aromatic spice mix with other spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, turmeric, and cumin. The magic of nutmeg is also an essential component to the health industry in the form of aromatherapy as an alternative medicine with claims to relieve pain and treat insomnia among others. Blending spices in the beautiful country of Grenada will surely spice your gastronomic adventures and your health.
2. Snorkel and Finding StatuesThe fabulous marine life of Grenada is not a secret to many of its visitors. Snorkeling or scuba diving while viewing the underwater gallery gives you an understanding of the marine species loving the artificial reefs. It is one of the conservation efforts to help relieve the damage brought by natural phenomena like hurricanes. This art has been a mystery for some while for others its shows value for Grenada’s history. One of the must-see sculpture is the Vicissitudes, where a sculpture of 26 children are holding hands and forming a circle has emerged in different interpretations. Don’t miss out on the chance to explore this underwater sculpture park in Grenada that will perfectly complete your wonderful journey.
3. Organic Sweet ChocolateGot cravings for chocolate? But too many chocolates are probably not a good idea. If you want to fill your cravings, then organic cocoa is probably the best idea to try in Grenada. A bonus or probably the highlight of your travel would be to learn more about the process of making the best healthy chocolate in the country from start to finish. Grenada is one of the chosen eight Carribean countries to export the flavor cocoa. Thanks to the ideal condition of Grenada soil that continues to flourish the great agriculture of cocoa export and tourism of the country. These cocoas are known for their antioxidant properties known to protect cells against free radicals. Truly, a sweet way to enjoy sweets and life!
4. Best Moment with Grenadian MusicFor every simplicity, there should be something that wonderfully pops out to create a mesmerizing form of art. For the Grenadans, music undoubtedly makes their island lives more lively and a truly heavenly place for dancing and singing. Calypso, the Afro-African native music of Grenada is a fusion of reggae, pop, and jazz. As you go around the islands, you will hear this rhythmic music that you will make you sing out for more and even dance. The perfect traditional Carribean music on the island mostly features local and international reggae artists, DJs and bands. Listening and enjoying the groovy music of Grenada while having a drink with your family and friends is inevitable while having the best time of your life in Grenada.
5. Gorgeous Islands Once you step your feet to the beautiful white sandy beaches of Grenada, you will surely be coming back for more memories. Grenada’s naturally beautiful beaches are a haven for all family members because of its world-renowned calm beaches and totally wave-free beaches. A large bank of almond trees and palm trees will welcome you to its serene beaches with clear and clean water. A lot of water activities for everyone like snorkeling, riding inflatable raft rides, sunbathing, swimming and taking sunset and underwater photos. A full package for everyone to keep relaxation at its most at the gorgeous islands of Grenada.
6. Vibrant Grenada Annual FestivalJanuary, for the Grenadan’s, is a month for preparation for the most anticipated and highly-awaited four-day festival along the Port of Louis Marina. This is a time to meet new friends and to catch up with old-time friends. A fun and learning regatta experience will be the highlight of your activity. Grenada is keeping their tradition alive through this joyous beach festival and it will be a real shame to miss out on the vibrant lifestyle of Grenada.