Croatia is found in the northwestern part of the Balkan Peninsula and surrounded by Slovenia to the northwest, Hungary to the northeast, Serbia to the east, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro to the southeast. Croatia’s capital city is Zagreb. Croatian or South Slavic language is the official language of the Croatians and other inhabitants can speak Czech, Hungarian, Serbian and Italian as well. Its wonderful location became one of the reasons why tourism has been a source of revenue for the country. Its amazing interaction with nature provides the world a wonderful symphony both to the local and its visitors. The discovery of their luscious and unique dishes provides clues to their culture and its history of influences. From mending a broken heart to moving forward and bouncing back again with the help of the comforting atmosphere of Croatia, makes it an absolute top place for new hopes and discoveries.
1. Be at the Center of the WorldYou can be at two places at one time, but how being in the center of the world? Croatia makes it so easy for you. The town of Ludberg takes the utmost pride in being the center of the world and also celebrates this special holiday every April 1st as “Center of the World Day”. The highlight of this merry event is the Ludberg’s Fountain, which is filled with superb wine instead of clear drinking water. This one-day event should never be missed out especially when you’re in Croatia. Aside from the abundance of wine, you will have the opportunity to eat the best in town and greet and meet the locals to socialize and have fun with them.
2. Beautiful Music of the Sea OrganThe sweetest nature sound is found in Zadar Croatia. An experimental musical instrument that has been producing majestic music from the sea waves and tides since 2005. As waves crashed into the organ, you will hear a melodic and harmonic sound created originally by nature. As you listen to the relaxing sounds of the sea waves, you can also get to play with water and view the fascinating sunset of Croatia all in one place. A top tourist destination in Croatia that will make everyone’s heart filled with love for mother nature. The music of nature might make you remember your first love and maybe your first heartbreak. If you’re the latter then head now to Museum of Broken Relationship.
3. Goodbye, HeartacheMending your broken heart in Croatia will make you easily forget and accept all about it. Yes, I know. It’s not easy, but there’s a lot of ways to take the first step of moving on. In Croatia, a museum is dedicated to all failed relationships. The museum is filled with objects left behind from break-ups like letters, photos, messages, rings, mementos or anything that makes you remember that person. This is helpful especially if you want to confess about the relationship without talking to him or her. Just let the feelings go and leave it all behind in the Museum of Broken Relationship. You will feel that you’re not alone in this world and that a broken heart can be mended when you accept, let go and be grateful that you still have lots of opportunities to find who’s really is for you. If you’re a woman, there’s a big chance that you might also spot him wearing a necktie in Croatia.
4. Simply Adorable Men with TiesMen wearing necktie are simply fashionably adorable. Croatia is famous as the birthplace of Necktie or Cravat. It started with the Croatian soldiers as their distinctive mark during their battles. Neckties symbolizes nobility, honor and leadership roles. Today, neckties are decorative accessories for men in the whole world. For the Croatians, it is a symbol of elegance and culture of dressing. It is noted for its special day on the calendars of the Croatians every October 18 to commemorate an element of their proud natural heritage.
5. Delicious Signature DishSo you finally say yes to a night out with a Croatian guy and now you’re wondering where he will take you out. With all the different varieties and influences of Croatian cuisine, it’s hard to decide which to eat first. If you’re looking for the traditional food, try out Croatia’s signature fish, Ispod Peka. It’s a mixture of vegetables and meat drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with herbs and baked. The traditional way of cooking Peka is to set a fire, remove the fire from the heated surface and replace the fire with food covered it with a cast. This traditional dish is available in almost every corner of Croatia. As an addition to the lovely night, wines in the country are a must.
6. Excellent WinesSetting the mood right to get to know each other is more exciting when you have a glass of wine. Croatia has two wine-producing regions; the continental (north-east) and along the north coast. The northeast produces rich white wines like the wines of Slovenia, Austria, and Hungary. On the north coast, Istrian wines are similar to Italy. The majority of wine produced in the country is the white. The relatively rare Rose wine is mainly produced in Slovania. The friendly and sociable Croatians love to drink wine with their meals and sometimes dilute it with water. A little wine sparks everything in the lovely country of Croatia.