Hainan province is consist of some islands and it is located in the southern part of China which the tropical area that make the place is warm all year round and of course there is no winter. Just like the tropical place typical, it has beach that can be boast due to its soft sand as well as the beautiful tropical scenery. No wonder, Hainan is a famous holiday resort in China. The main island, Hainan Island shaped like a giant elliptical pear, is China's largest island after Taiwan. Hainan well known being called as 'China’s Hawaii' due to its tropical climate. Meaning when northern China is snowy and icebound, local people are able to swim in the sea and enjoy the warm sunshine on the beach. Hainan attracts visitors from China and beyond, especially to its southern beaches around Sanya. Seeing it potential, China government has been making a great effort to develop this tropical island province into an international tourism destination. On December 30, 2010, the first high-speed rail of the area, Hainan Eastern Ring Rail was put into service. Now people can travel easily.
1. The Land of Hainan RiceWho does not know Hainan Chicken Rice? This famous dish well famous at least in Asia. This dish even has great influence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippine, or Vietnam where Chinese people has great number as immigrants long time a go. Although It is considered one of the national dishes of Singapore and is most commonly associated with Singaporean cuisine but this beloved Hainan chicken rice is basically come from Hainan Island which brought by its people migrate to others place. Basically it is come from Wenchang Chicken dish, where the name change by its different place. It a dish of poached chicken and seasoned rice, served with chili sauce and usually comes with cucumber garnishes.
2. The world’s only protected monkey islandMonkey actually is not a rare animal that is why it is almost not that being special protected. However, in Hainan, is the only state in the world that protectd its macaque monkeys with its nature in a island called Nanwan Monkey Island. It might there are more than 2,000 monkeys here and of course protected in its nature habitat. One way to enter is via a cable car traversing over 2km of sea, the longest ocean-crossing ropeway in China, you can meet them. The perfect climate of Hainan makes this island as a perfect habitat for monkeys.. The reserve, totaling 1,000 hectares, is the largest area for raising and training monkeys in the country. Since the nature reserve was established in 1965, the reserve now has become a popular tourist destination. When the monkey keeper feed them, monkeys will come by leaps and bounds once they hear the whistling. That is the best time for you to watch these monkeys. You can buy some nuts before you come to the island, and then you make friends with these monkeys easily by offering them the snacks.
3. China’s best beachesAmong tourist who come to visit China will be determine to see Beijing, Hongkong, Shanghai which is the metropolitan cities of China. However, some of the tourist local and international will eager also to visit Hainan due to its beauty and also its uniqueness comparing with China mainland, that has forests, beaches, sleepy towns and restful resorts. It is no wonder to understand why people call this little island China’s answer to Hawaii because it can be said that Hainan Island has the best beach in China, 3 most popular are Dadonghai, Sanya Bay and Yalong Bay making them the top list in China. Not only for its beauty, you can also enjoy the water sport here like snorkeling, scuba diving and paragliding.
Hainan Tourist Spots
1. Sanya BaySanya Bay is an ideal place for vacationing and leisure because it is surrounded by beautiful tropical scenery and a long line view of the sea. The crystal clear blue sea stretches to the edge of the sky, while the waves lap the soft white sand. There are three attraction that you can enjoy in Sanya Bay, they are the eastern part is the Sightseeing Zone with the long Coconut Dream Corridor, the middle part is the Outdoor Bathing Zone, and the western part is the Leisure and Pleasure Zone with a variety of hotels. If you have a chance to visit here, make sure you enjoy it to the fullest and the memories will stay forever. If you love to swim in the sea, swimming in Sanya Bay is way safer as the sea is calmer and make sure you watch the sunset because it has the most beautiful sunset view. This bay is youngsters favorite and often called by Lover’s Bay.
2. Nanshan TempleNanshan Temple is a Buddhist temple located in Sanya and the world tallest statue of Avalokitesvara "Guanyin", the goddess of infinite compassion and mercy in Buddhism. The grandiose statue of Avalokitesvara stands at a height of 3.8 meters covered with gold and silver and embedded with 120 carats of diamonds, jewels. This 6 years construction statue has 188 meters wide from east to west, 416 meters long from south to north. The temple nestles at the foot of Nanshan Mountain which is believed to be the auspicious mountain of longevity in Chinese mythology. Nanshan Temple actually new temple which combines Buddhist culture, garden architectures, and recreational facilities with the spirit of peace, tranquility, happiness and harmony.
3. Tianya Haijiao Tianya Haijiao literally meaning the furthermost part of the sky and the sea', long ago Chinese people believed that the sky was square and the earth was round. Therefore there was definitely a furthermost part of the sky and the earth. Hainan Province, the southernmost part of China, was believed to be the location of Tianya Haijiao. It is a romantic and beautiful scenic and really fit to you if you come for honeymoon with your spouse. A lot of young lovers all over the world hold their wedding ceremonies here. There is a story that legend in this place, it is the story about the three stones that can be found in Tianya Haijiao. First stones story is about the two kind heart fairy maiden and fishermen, the other 2 stones is about a romeo and Juliet version of the area. These story might be become heaven for people who are head over heals in love, and also an ideal place for people who are deeply in love with the sea. You will definitely have fond memories after visiting this scenic spot. Why don’t you come to seal your love in here too?