Belize is a politically independent constitutional monarchy found on the northeastern coast of Central America. A country that is surrounded by Mexico on the northwest, by the Caribbean Sea on the east and Guatemala on the west. Belize is a member of the Caribbean Community, which aims to promote economic cooperation among its other members. Belize's abundance of terrestrial, marine species and its diversity of ecosystems give it a key place in the Mesoamerican Biological Corridor Region. Belize came from the Mayan word “belix” or “beliz” meaning muddy-watered. The country is divided into six administrative regions namely; Toledo, Cayo, Corozal, Orange Walk, Stann Creek, and Belize. It has a tropical climate with wet and dry seasons. It is home to the largest barrier reef with beautiful turquoise seas, coconut palm standing and it easily makes everyone commune with nature. The Belizeans are friendly and welcoming people combined with unique culture offering a real connection to the wonders of the world.
1. Belize Barrier Reef“The Most Remarkable Reef in the West Indies” according to Charles Darwin. There are three recognized Carribeans atolls namely; Turneffe Atoll, Glover’s Reef and Lighthouse Reef and they all provide incredible diverse water activities such as scuba diving, fishing, boating, snorkeling, freediving, swimming, or ust be in touch with nature. This enormous area of sea is a home to different varieties of plants and animals and most are still being discovered and researched. The Glover’s Reef Marine Reserve was tasked by the World Heritage Site to continue its dedication in protecting these marine reserves, cayes, and three atolls from natural threats, oceanic pollution, uncontrolled tourism, and global warming. The Belize Barrier Reef is the most important, significant diverse natural habitat in the whole world.
2. Endearing BelizeansBelizeans culture is associated through citizenship or descent from a multiethnic influence from residents from African, Amerindian, European, German, and Chinese descents making it a country of numerous cultures, languages, ethnic groups, and beliefs. Being a multicultural country, the Belizeans value courtesy and friendship. The warm and friendly Belizeans offers its visitors not just fabulous nature and wildlife, but a great deal of companionship and lasting relationship whatever country you are coming from. Most of the Belizeans believe in the idea of the mystical healings. A big part of their spiritual beliefs can be seen through their lifestyle, special gatherings and how they creatively express it through music and arts. The Belizeans are also known as the only English speaking country in Central America so it’s easy to get along by in their country and socialized with the endearing Belizeans.
3. Traditional and Excellent Fresh SeafoodsSharing a meal with the Belizeans is one way to give thanks for their warm welcome in their country. Their national dish called “Fry Jack” is an absolute must-try treat in the country. It’s a famous Caribbean breakfast meal that looks like a mini puff pastry dough turned into different shapes like small triangles and half-moons that are fried until golden brown and crunchy looking. This is best to eat with fried sausage, bacon, eggs, beans and coffee. Given the country’s fabulous Carribean coastline, it is not surprising that seafood is a must-eat food to discover. There are various ways of cooking these seafood delicacies, but the most popular is best eaten grilled fresh especially on the beachside. Lots of red snappers, shrimp, conch and lobster are a delight to everyone. They even have a festival for lobster and that makes it even more special.
4. Endless Lobster FestivalThe best time to be in Belize if you’re into seafood hunting is the month of June and tourists can choose among Belize City, Caye Caulker, San Pedro and Placencia to experience this stomach full celebration. During this event, prices are at their lowest and that means a variety of lobster dishes are for all to taste like lobster ceviche, lobster kebabs, lobster chowder, chilly lobster salad, lobster fricassee, lobster nachos and a lot more! An absolute lobster treats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All freshly served! It’s time to mingle with the locals and meet new friends to celebrate and share this wonderful experience.
5. Chilled Vibes on the IslandsEveryone will absolutely want to chill on the laidback country, watching the horizons, the blue skies and seas just plainly hanging around and allowing all the positive vibes and the glorious sunshine coming into. There are many beautiful islands in Belize and all offers tropical getaway fun, chilled out vibe, bare-foot atmosphere, world-class snorkeling and diving, adventure-seeking, and remoteness. It’s a place where you get to know more of yourself because of its tranquility. It’s a shame not to accept these abundant natural wonders. There’s so much to see, experience and share in this tropical island life.
6. An Evidence to the Outside WorldThe Maya Temples are thriving tourism in the country because of their amazing discoveries and mysteries. Interesting stories fill up each site aside from the hike, climb, and discovery. Some questions might be answered from traveling to this unearth, restored and excavated ruins. The unusual and majestic construction of these ruins made a place in every Belizeans heart making the whole world know that we are not alone in the universe.